276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Let's Go For a Walk

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you're looking for a fun book with lots of simple nature-based activities and facts for the young years, this may be perfect for you!

While working on BBC One’s Wild Isles last year the call came for Hamza to join the Strictly Come Dancing line-up, and he swapped his waterproof hiking boots for a pair of dancing shoes. He became a familiar face to the nation and took home the Glitterball trophy, but the months spent on gruelling training inside a London studio made his desire to be outdoors stronger than ever. In this film he reunites with some of the videographers who he worked on Wild Isles with, including his friends and mentors Simon King and John Aitchison, and many more. Let's Go For A Walk is a fantastic interactive picture book that you can take with you on walks or hikes and read aloud to Littles to prompt them to use all of their senses to experience the world around them. Hamza Ahmed Yassin (born 22 February 1990) is a British wildlife cameraman and presenter, known for his role as Ranger Hamza on the children's television channel CBeebies and his work on shows such as Countryfile and Animal Park, as well as presenting programmes about Scottish wildlife. [1] In 2022, he won the twentieth series of the BBC contest Strictly Come Dancing. Alao, Lola Christina (6 October 2022). "Who is Hamza Yassin? Family, career, dyslexia, and his remote Scottish home". Evening Standard . Retrieved 9 October 2022.Strictly Come Dancing: Hamza Yassin's mum's pride at former Wellingborough School pupil's achievement". Northamptonshire Telegraph. 16 December 2022 . Retrieved 16 December 2022. Take this adorable book with it's vibrant illustrations along on a journey of exploration and interactive play rather in the country, in town, or at the seaside. It has wonderful suggestions for children to look for during their hike and certainly makes the walk more enjoyable, exciting and into a little adventure! It also offers fascinating little facts that will enchance a child's natural curiosity and are relateable to things they know. Such as: "Two together is called a pair" "How many pairs do you see?"

Strictly star Hamza can't wait for Scotland's home crowd roar". BBC News. 2 February 2023 . Retrieved 4 February 2023.I love to walk and so I just had to give this book a shot. What kind of things would they discuss on what you can do and discover on a walk? This fab interactive book will make for great reading with young children just before a walk and then to use throughout the walk. He has also previously filmed and presented for The One Show, Countryfile, Animal Park, as well as Let’s Go For A Walk where younger viewers will know him as Ranger Hamza. He reprises that role to learn how switched-on the next generation are when it comes to looking after wildlife. We received a free ecopy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

The book goes on to look at shapes, numbers and letters in the environment. There is so much to learn! Take this book with you on any walk, wherever you live, with suggestions from Ranger Hamza for things to look out for. Can you see a red thing? A tall thing? Can you find something smooth, and something rough? What can you smell, and what can you hear? As well as things to spot on the walk, each spread contains fascinating Hamza facts.

Birds of prey are powerful, majestic, beautiful, charismatic, intelligent. What I think of when I wake up, what I dream about” he says. It is this devotion to birds of prey which propels Hamza across the UK to capture the birds soaring above civilisation. This is a fab book that I think all children should have on their bookshelf, either at home or at their early years setting they attend. It promotes their understanding of the world, as well as most of the other 6 areas of learning.

[email protected] (20 December 2021). "Wildlife Cameraman & Conservationist, My Life in the Wild (Ch4), 'Let's Go for a Walk' (CBeebies), Strictly Come Dancing 2022 ContestantHamza Yassin". DML Talent . Retrieved 28 September 2022. As an early years educator, I think this book is a must have to support young children and a great way to promote exercise and getting outdoors! McDonald, Sally (19 September 2022). "Countryfile's Hamza Yassin on why Highland life will help him on the dancefloor". The Sunday Post . Retrieved 28 September 2022.

But while none of these are new to me (even as a kid I looked all around me and dashed left and right to see everything, haha, hello ADHD), I am sure that many kids could use a reminder that a walk is not just walking, but also looking, imagining, having fun, collecting, and more. Green, Alex (19 September 2021). "Four celebrities to explore Scottish wildlife in Channel 4 show". Irish Independent . Retrieved 25 September 2022.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment