276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hornby HM7000-8TXS: Bluetooth® & DCC Sound Decoder (8-pin)

£28£56Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

De-clutter your layout- No control hardware required! All you need is your mobile device and bluetooth decoders. The following is a list of my locos I have installed an HM7000 8-pin or 21-pin Bluetooth decoder, and the locos I have been unable to (4 Pin) or find difficult. The data that the App sends over the air is Hornby proprietary but the overarching Mesh tech is standard BLE. The dongle passes that data to the controller over Xpressnet using that protocol to translate it into DCC speak over the rails. Sound decoders have three sound channels, allowing for the simultaneous play of multiple sounds, including engine/steam or ‘spot’ sounds such as horns, whistles, brakes, coal shovelling, wheel slip, or injectors. Marketed as ‘TXS Triplex’, locomotives in Hornby’s range fitted with its new TXS Bluetooth sound decoders will bear a blue TXS Triplex sound logo on the box.

R3723X BR Class 61XX Large Prairie 4MT 2-6-2T Number 6145 - 8 Pin but has a standard DCC decoder built in. R30166 VTEC Class 91 Bo Bo number 91110 “Battle of Britain” and the LNER dummy car - I used two 21-pin HM7000 Bluetooth decoders. First, I want to applaud Hornby. This is an excellent solution for DCC. Using an App to control your trains effortlessly without needing a degree in coding to get loco settings up in a CV profile is a common problem with most users of DCC controllers. Will standalone accessory decoders with bluetooth be available for controlling points/lights/uncouplers etc? R30215 HST Jubilee Train “Queen Elizabeth 2” Platinum Jubilee HST with dummy car – used two 21 Pin HM7000 decoders.To benefit from wireless Bluetooth control, locomotives must be fitted with a new range of bluetooth-enabled decoders from the manufacturer, made available in eight-pin, 21-pin and Next18 formats with options for sound too, under the new branding, 'TTX Triplex'. What is the reliable range of the control from loco/decoder to smartphone? Standard bluetooth range of 10m but it has been tested to 45m, however by use of Mesh technology any additional static or mobile node will extend that range to the same distance between nodes. Think of each decoder or node as a relay beacon. Thanking you in advance for answers/comments on my questions. I'm sure there are other things I will want to ask in the future. It seems like a good system good on Hornby for bringing this out. The following is a list of all locos I have successfully installed the HM7000 Bluetooth decoders with sound. Most are 8 Pin. I only use an HM7000 system now via the HM7000 app. Hornby Controller compatibility- Use the legacy dongle to control your existing layout from your Select or Elite DCC controller.

Hornby has unveiled – and demonstrated – a successor to its App-controlled Hammant and Morgan HM6000 DC-controlled system – the HM7000. Whereas its previous HM6000 was more akin to a ‘smart’ DC control system, with sounds played through the speakers of the controlling device (a smart phone or tablet), the HM7000 is more akin to a DCC control system, though differs in many ways. The decoder is designed to supply 1000mA continuous load to the main motor and a peak demand of 1500mA. Making it highly suitable for most OO and HO scale locos. Flexibility -Control your layout from wherever you like, with locos controllable from a distance, wirelessly.Provide a 15V mains power supply to your layout or train set.(Turning an existing DC controller to full speed will also provide the necessary supply) The new Bluetooth sound decoders can be updated, changing the sounds on each from a range available via Hornby. A decoder can be re-used in a different locomotive by a user, without the expense of having its sounds re-programmed, as would be the case with a traditional DCC sound decoder. Hornby produce a revolutionary new digital control system for your layout. I t's never been easier or more cost-effective to bring true digital control to your model railway. R3721X GWR Class 61XX Large Prairie 4MT 2-6-2T Number 6110 - 8 Pin but has a standard DCC decoder built in.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment