276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Incal, The: by Alexandro Jodorowsky - Moebius

£17.495£34.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Incal je kultni strip koji je napisao Alejandro Jodorowsky, a nacrtao Moebius. Jodorowskom je ovo bio prvi strip koji je napisao i najavio ga je skromno kao "roman koji će promijeniti način na koji francusko tržište razmišlja o stripu". The way Animah hands Solune to the Metabaron is reminiscent of angelic apparitions and the way other messianic figures were adopted at birth, such as Moses. Animah could also be seen as an allegory of the Virgin Mary or Mary Magdalene (at one point Animah takes the role of a prostitute). I Need a Freaking Drink: When riding the giant rats, John says he wants a hit bath and a tall glass of whiskey.

Not the Fall That Kills You…: Some Cybo-cops catch John just before he hits the acid lake like in the original comic.Daniel Kalder (May 7, 2016). "The Most Beautiful Illusion". Los Angeles Review of Books . Retrieved October 25, 2016. Megalex is part of the Incal universe and has been directly advertised as such by Humanoids. Good article about the Incal universe here: Uplifted Animal: Deepo, after being the Incal, becomes intelligent, talkative and very opinionated. Big Creepy-Crawlies: John nearly gets eaten by a giant insect in the battle between bios and technos.

Spiritual Predecessor: Like its inspiration, a lot of this series' ideas ended up being reused in other works, most notably Warhammer 40,000 and The Fifth Element. Not the Fall That Kills You…: John gets rescued by some Cybo-cops just before he hits the acid lake. I’m jumping over a lot of details here and over a lot of bloody fighting and explosions, but it slowly becomes clear that a fellowship of seven companions is thrown together in this hostile environment, a brotherhood of the two aspects of the incal artefact [the dark and the light, the yin-yang duality] comprised of John Difool, the talking bird Deepo, the mercenary Metabaron, his son Solune, Tanatah the Queen of Amok, the rebel Kill Wolfhead and Animah the Rat Queen Russell: As I was writing the Psychoverse and the Psycho-nuns particularly, I kept telling myself, 'This is like something George R. R. Martin would write,' although maybe not as good as George R. R. Martin would do it.a b c d e f g h Anthony Paletta (August 26, 2013). "A Change of Path: Alejandro Jodorowsky's "The Incal" ". Los Angeles Review of Books . Retrieved October 25, 2016.

Spotlight: Final Incal - Hardcover Trade". Humanoids Publishing. February 20, 2015 . Retrieved October 25, 2016. Moebius perd son procès contre Besson". ToutenBD.com (in French). 2004-05-28. Archived from the original on 2014-03-27 . Retrieved 2007-01-20.

Most Popular Reading Orders

Performance Anxiety: When the other Johns ask the angel why he can't use his powers to fight off his rapists, he says he's paralyzed with fear.

With so many intellectual descendants, it should be noted that “The Incal” is, itself, also an intellectual descendant. In 1975, Mr Jodorowsky optioned the film rights for Frank Herbert’s game changing 1965 sci-fi classic “Dune”. The project did not come to fruition due to financial problems, and after seven years the rights lapsed (more details can be found by watching the 2013 documentary “ Jodorowsky’s Dune“). By that point, Angelic Transformation: Seraphim, a version of John who became an angel after reincarnating millions of times. Laura Hudson (November 4, 2011). "Stunning New Version of 'The Incal' Animated Trailer Must Be Watched [Video]". ComicsAlliance . Retrieved October 25, 2016.The films and graphic novels of Alejandro Jodorowsky have influenced me and so many others for so long,” said Waititi. “I was stunned to be given the opportunity to bring his iconic characters to life and I am grateful to Alejandro, Fabrice and everyone at HUMANOIDS for trusting me to do so.” a b c James Smart (October 11, 2011). "The Incal by Alejandro Jodorowsky, illustrated by Moebius - review". The Guardian . Retrieved October 25, 2016.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment