276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Decluttering at the Speed of Life: Winning Your Never-Ending Battle with Stuff

£5.395£10.79Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She also has you ask yourself a practical question: if I was looking for this, where would I look first? Then go put that thing there. Question two I found a bit iffy: Would I even remember that I had this if I needed one? Maybe its an indication that I really am on the verge of being contained and organized that I’m pretty sure I’m secure in the knowledge of what I own and where it lives. Not that I don't make mistakes. I totally do. But I've accepted that while Decluttering Regret (the realization that I need something after I declutter it) isn't fun, I've survived every time. And the peace I feel over a home that's easier to manage outweighs the frustration I feel over having to write "medium-sized cutting board" on my shopping list. I accepted that people with homes that are consistently under control prefer living with regret over living with clutter. I want to be one of those people. Establishing a dependable routine for decluttering works wonders in maintaining an organized and clean space in the long run. Begin by setting aside a consistent time each day or week dedicated to declutter efforts. Whether it’s a solid hour or a brief 15 minutes, what’s important is adhering to this routine.

Decluttering at the Speed of Life by Dana K. White - Scribd Decluttering at the Speed of Life by Dana K. White - Scribd

I have been pondering limits lately. Eating, drinking, days of our lives, energy, strength, traveling. All tied in with acceptance and gratitude.Living now means my kids can easily get dressed for school because the only things in their drawers and closets are clothes that fit. Not clothes they outgrew two years ago or clothes they'll grow into someday. It’s common to find oneself emotionally connected to certain possessions. Unresolved emotional bonds may often lead to accumulation of unnecessary items contributing to a cluttered environment. Recognizing this connection is the first step toward letting go. Here’s an actionable approach. Living now means I need a dining table that is consistently (or at least easily) clear of stuff. I am passionate about eating together as a family around the dinner table. It's one of my core values, and it needs to happen now. If I put that off, my kids will be gone, and the opportunity will be gone as well. I definitely didn't make up the word clutter, but I did make up a definition for it that helped me get it out of my house. I define clutter as anything I can't keep under control. If a space in my home consistently gets out of control, I have too much stuff in that space. I have clutter. Eighteen years later I see the ridiculousness of our table situation, but at the time it didn't seem even a little bit strange. The apartment wasn't our "real" house. It was temporary. Who knew what kind of home or dining-area situation our future would bring? Why in the world wouldn't I keep all three tables until we knew what we needed in our real house? We were ready for the future and all the possibilities it could possibly bring.

Decluttering at the Speed of Life - Audible UK Decluttering at the Speed of Life - Audible UK

This doesn’t mean forgetting the future exists. Living now means giving now preferential treatment over the future or even the past. Embark on a transformative journey to a clutter-free life with strategic steps that prioritize organization, efficiency and simplicity.When it comes to sorting items, adopt practical principles like the ‘one-year’ rule – if it hasn’t been used or worn in a year, it’s a candidate for removal. Avoid judgement and be patient as they make decisions. Eighteen years later I see the ridiculousness of our table situation, but at the time it didn’t seem even a little bit strange. The apartment wasn’t our real house. It was temporary. Who knew what kind of home or dining-area situation our future would bring? Why in the world wouldn’t I keep all three tables until we knew what we needed in our real house? We were ready for the future and all the possibilities it could possibly bring. My attention span and my available time and my caring-whatsoever-about-this-mess are not guaranteed to exist in Later Land, so I can’t go there.” There is also practical decluttering advice that can be applied to helping older family members, kids or even friends declutter. Decluttering is stuff you don’t need leaving your house. And that’s really all it is. If five things leave or five hundred things leave, you’ve succeeded.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment