276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garmin Fenix 5 Plus Multisport Watch with Music, Maps and Garmin Pay, Silver with Black Band

£99.995£199.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Don’t misunderstand what I’m saying. I’m basically saying my general rule in life is that you lose the right to beat the drum and complain when you don’t offer a viable/alternative solution. Otherwise it’s just whining. 🙂

As for compatible devices, here’s the list of devices this will work on. It also will work on most of the handheld type outdoor devices too. If it supports Garmin maps, it’ll support 3rd party maps. Fixed an intermittent issue where the device could crash when fetching calendar information from the smartphone. Barometric trend indicator with storm alert – at a defined rate of change in pressure, a storm alert is issued ie does not require smartphone connectivity Fixed an issue where the device would always display the 'Updating' spinner when changing an alarm. Take this kind of navigation up to a bike moving at greater speeds then there are further issues. First up the screen is small. If it’s on your wrist it is dangerous to ride one-handed and look at it and it is mounted on the handlebars then it is a fair distance away from your eyes. A larger-screened bike computer would definitely be better. However, the Fenix 5S Plus WAS passable as a BikeNav. When cycling on roads, even despite slight lags, I had sufficient audible and visual warning to know when I next needed to turn. Cycling on unfamiliar trails was a different matter entirely as it is very easy to zoom past a part-hidden turnoff.

fenix 5S Plus software version 17.71 Beta

There are plenty of other ‘clever’ heart rate based settings. For example, you can pair a chest strap but if you forget to put it on then the Fenix can default to use its optical HRM (or not..you choose). If you use a chest strap then you can record HRV values into your FIT files to later analyse.

Customisable alerts – a large array of alerting options covering power, pace HR, cadence at high and low levels. This is super useful to help pace flat races and to keep your efforts under control in hillier ones. You might just simply want guidance to stay within a given training zone eg aerobic Z2

User reviews

Fitness: Distance, time, pace, laps, swim stroke identification, VO2 max, recovery advisor, virtual pacer, calories, goal alerts The addition of the Garmin Music and the map functions in the Garmin Fenix 5 Plus uses a lot of power. This means that the Garmin Fenix 5 and the Garmin Fenix 5S have a markedly longer battery life than their “big brothers” Garmin Fenix 5 Plus and Garmin Fenix 5S Plus. Only the Garmin Fenix 5X Plus Sapphire has a better battery life than the Garmin Fenix 5X Sapphire.

Improved ClimbPro for cycling by adding category coloring to the ascent graph, which better depicts the difficult portions of the climb. This will also be available when reviewing the elevation plot for a course. Fixed an issue where the device might crash when calculating a route for activity type ATV/Off Road. It’s mostly the addition of these routable maps that distinguish the changes to outdoors/navigation functionality over the previous Fenix 5 model. All the previous outdoorsy functions have carried forwards to the 5S Plus (eg compass) Point to where you want to go and be directed. (old function)Garmin’s oHR does NOT work when swimming. You will need to use an HRM-SWIM or HRM-TRI to record HR when swimming with Garmin. I’m not sure that is a totally fair criticism to make on Garmin as we are perhaps seeing a new generic strategy emerge whereby plus models will be released mid-cycle to showcase emerging technologies and features. The Garmin product cycle seems to be about 2 years.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment