276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dell XPS 13 7390 Intel Core i7-10510U 16GB 512GB SSD 13.3 Inch UHD Windows 10 Pro Laptop, 35K2N

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, the Dell XPS 13 7390 couldn’t match up to the MacBook Pro’s incredible 2,573 MBps file copy rate. Before we get too far down the rabbit hole of laptop performance, you need to ask yourself what you’re doing. If you are mostly running Microsoft Office, Google Chrome or Zoom, the differences between the three laptops here are mostly meaningless. All three exceed your needs, and you can honestly skip the rest of this section. Gordon Mah Ung The following list of Dell XPS desktop computers has beentested for update to Windows11 build 22H2. If your computer model is not listed, Dell will not test the device, and drivers will not be updated for that model. Terms Apply. Promotion ends 3 December 2023. Items are subject to availability. Max 5 units per customer.

After using the XPS 13 2-in-1 every day for a week, I found that everything feels quite well-engineered. The 2.9-pound weight is on the heavy side for an ultraportable, but the body feels solid, not awkward and bulky. You need only one hand to open the display lid; on many laptops, you need two to pry open the stiff hinges. Whether you're tapping on the touch screen or on the very comfortable touchpad, the laptop responds instantly. The screen bounces very little, and the touchpad doesn't suffer from the sluggishness or cheap-feeling hinges that are common on many Windows laptops. The latest XPS 13 2-in-1, dubbed model 7390 by Dell to distinguish it from earlier iterations, looks very familiar, sharing external styling and many other features with its clamshell cousin, the XPS 13 . Both are made from machined aluminum with carbon- and glass-fiber accents, and both are available in a sleek color combination: silver exteriors and snow-white interiors for the palm rest, keyboard, and touchpad.

Both the XPS 13 2-in-1 7390 and the XPS 13 9300 use Intel’s most advanced 10th-gen CPU, the Core i7-1065G7. Its main “weakness” is that it “only” has four cores, while the XPS 13 7390 has a 6-core 10th-gen Core i7-10710U option. That Core i7-10710U also has slightly higher single-core performance. Not to be outdone, the advanced Core i7-1065G7 actually has far better graphics performance. The XPS 13 presents a strong option for users wishing to work with colour, but it cannot claim to be the best. While it’s much brighter than the newly-released Surface Laptop 3, which registered a maximum of 364cd/m2, Microsoft’s device also boasted 97.5% coverage of the sRGB colour gamut. Dell XPS 13 7390 (late 2019) review: Keyboard and Touchpad Moreover, Dell has further trimmed down this laptop’s bezels even though the XPS 13 always had slim bezels. What’s more exciting is that Dell still found a way to accommodate the laptop’s webcam at the top bezel. Cinebench is often a good predictor of our Handbrake video-editing trial, another tough, threaded workout that's highly CPU-dependent and scales well with cores and threads. In it, we put a stopwatch on test systems as they transcode a standard 12-minute clip of 4K video to a 1080p MP4 file.

The only missing port that could be an issue for XPS 13 owners is a conventional USB Type-A port, but the tech world is moving toward USB Type-C, so it's not much of a problem. Dell thoughtfully includes a Type-C-to-A adapter in the configuration I'm reviewing. The small difference is also a major contributing factor to why we aren't giving the XPS 13 five stars this time. It's still superb, but unless you actually need the extra processing oomph that the Comet Lake processor in our test unit offers (and most everyday users do not), the clamshell XPS 13 isn't unquestionably better than its more physically versatile 2-in-1 cousin for every buyer. For most people, a traditional clamshell laptop does 90 percent of what they want, and all three of these laptops can do the job. Not everyone will like the XPS 13 2-in-1 7390 because of its MagLev 2 keyboard, with its thin, low-travel design. Gordon Mah UngWhile I ran each of these benchmark tests, I heard the XPS 13's cooling fan spool up to a level clearly audible above the din of a busy office. This is not a quiet machine under heavy loads, but then again, the cooling is clearly helping it accomplish impressive computing feats.

The following list of Dell XPS laptops has beentested for upgrade to Windows11. If your computer model is not listed, Dell will not test the device, and drivers will not be updated for that model. The following list of Dell Mobile Precision computers has beentested for upgrade to Windows11. If your computer model is not listed, Dell will not test the device, and drivers will not be updated for that model. The XPS 13 2-in-1 did perform the best on the PCMark 10 test, a small increase that's consistent with the new CPU generation. (There is no macOS version of PCMark, so the MacBook Pro isn't represented here.) The following list of Alienware desktop computers hasbeen tested for upgrade to Windows11. If your computer model is not listed, Dell will not test the device, and drivers will not be updated for that model. The XPS’ crisp, glossy 13.3in 4K UHD touchscreen display is again unchanged, with the device also available in both touch and non-touch 1080p variants.

Our last test measures battery life and is probably the one metric that matters the most to people. For our test we loop a 4K video with the laptop in airplane mode with ear buds connected, and the display set to a decently bright 250 nits to 260 nits. That’s the brightness you’d use in an office setting in the daytime or in an airplane cabin when the lights are on. Maxon's CPU-crunching Cinebench R15 test is fully threaded to make use of all available processor cores and threads. Cinebench stresses the CPU rather than the GPU to render a complex image...

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment