276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Just Another Diamond Day

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Gordon, Jeremy (2 July 2014). "Vashti Bunyan Says New Album Will Be Her Last". Pitchfork Media. Pitchfork . Retrieved 13 October 2014. I hadn’t sung in all of 30 years — hardly ever. I never sang to my children; I left music behind altogether. Even before they set off, you boggle at some of their choices. In 1967, the pair lived inside a bush on Bromley Common for a time. Later, as the miles grew longer and heavier, the pair decided to get poor Bess pregnant. When they finally arrive at Donovan’s mythical redoubt nearly a year later, having overwintered in a house lent to them, there is nowhere for them, or Bess, to stay. They eventually end up on Berneray – the island they “carried out their dreams on” – where the God-fearing locals mostly spurned them, although some were kind. I sometimes listen to a song of somebody's and I think it’s a beautiful song with a wonderful melody, but then wonder why can’t they just get rid of those drums? They don’t need to be there. It’d be really beautiful without them. Because sometimes I think people think they have to be there. And I really don’t think so. Not on everything. I get very bored with them. I don’t know. I was playing in Moscow a few years ago by myself and there were these young girls in the front row who were singing along with the songs from Just Another Diamond Day.

In 2008, Bunyan was labelled "the Godmother of Freak Folk" [27] for her role in inspiring the "new generation of folk experimentalists including Devendra Banhart and Adem". [27] [28] Her music has also been categorized as folk, psychedelic folk, or new folk. [29] What was your voice like when you returned to making music in the early 2000s? Was it out of shape? Did it sound differently? In 2007, she collaborated with novelist Rodge Glass on the song "The Fire" for the compilation album Ballads of the Book which was devised to combine Scottish writers with Scottish singers (Bunyan lives in Edinburgh).And it’s not like anybody mentioned the album when it came out. It was just friends and family who talked about. Nobody else really took any notice of it. And so it just disappeared out of my life. Kitty Empire, Wayward by Vashti Bunyan review – the adventures of wander woman" The Observer 3 April 2022 Listen to Just Another Diamond Day by Vashti Bunyan here via Spotify, and tell us what you think below! Friend, fellow folk singer and longtime fan Devendra Banhart reportedly writes her name on his arm before some concerts. Mutual Benefit Covers An Entire Vashti Bunyan Album". NPR. 30 May 2017 . Retrieved 12 January 2021.

Bunyan’s latest work is her least folksy yet. Heartleap was largely self-recorded and self-produced on digital technology she recently mastered herself when a music tech course refused to take her on, being a woman of a certain age. After stints with Joe Boyd (who produced JADD) and Max Richter (who produced Lookaftering), Bunyan has finally seized the means of production, an unlikely riot grrrl. So when I finally reached her on the phone, I was ecstatic. And it wasn’t just because I am a fan. It was a privilege to be speaking with her, one of the most enigmatic, reclusive musicians in recent history. The rest of the time, I do a little bit of recording, but not much. Though what I’m really supposed to be doing — and finding very difficult — is write. I'd Like to Walk Around in Your Mind" (an unreleased 1967 Immediate Records acetate, produced by Mike Hurst) Did Lookaftering’s title come from the fact that Max Richter looked after you so much, as you said?Shortly after the release of "Train Song", Bunyan found herself without a record label, and with the help of her brother organized a showing of her songs to Peggy Seeger and Ewan MacColl. Bunyan recalled the meeting did not impress the two; however, their suggestions for her inspired Bunyan to pursue the solemn atmosphere present in her music. [5] Hearing word of Donovan's intention to establish a musical commune, Bunyan and fellow bohemian student, Robert Lewis, travelled through Scotland on horse and carriage. Donovan's project never developed; however, the nearly two-year journey gave Bunyan the opportunity to pen an album's worth of material. [6] These songs so impressed record producer Joe Boyd, whom Bunyan happened upon on her travels, that he left her a standing invitation to record them when Bunyan concluded her wandering. Writer Keith Wallace has stated Boyd's affluence of experience producing exotic musical acts and expert mixing abilities would prove invaluable as Bunyan came off a long hiatus from recording. [7] In January 2008, Bunyan said she was in the process of recording a new album: "I'm supposed to be writing just now. I have one complete song and a whole lot of fragments. I'm supposed to have them finished by May and there's no way." [21] I didn’t want to bring my child up in London. I was brought up there and I didn’t want to do that to my kid. So I decided to abandon everything.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment