276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wrong Place Wrong Time: Can you stop a murder after it's already happened? THE SUNDAY TIMES THRILLER OF THE YEAR AND REESE’S BOOK CLUB PICK 2022

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That's where Jen stands. She's caught in that loop transcending time to events in the past that may eventually shine a light on that murder that night at the hands of her son. Whoa! McAllister presents a brilliantly crafted novel in which we're actively engaged in shifting through the clues and the circumstances. Individuals will appear in a different light and their identities will become clearer. The puzzle pieces will begin to fit.

But she wakes and it is two days earlier. She digs into the life of Todd’s mysterious new girlfriend Clio, and investigates who the murdered man is – or was. In doing so, she discovers uncomfortable truths about her own relationship with her son; the times she wasn’t there for him because of work, the times she didn’t listen. Can she correct these mistakes? And how can she halt her tumble through time?From the very start we are presented with a ‘very-in-our-face’ scene [that we never forget and sets the stage for the rest of the novel]….

The premise is that a mother/lawyer witnesses her 18-year-old son murder a man in the front of their home. This is day zero, or more accurately, night zero. As one can imagine, Jen, the mother, is beside herself. Her son is arrested right in front of her for murdering a man who appears to be in his 40’s. Her son, Todd, is taken into police custody. If you love a book that pulls you away from your normal thought processes then you will adore this. I continued reading with caution — a little curious — but I had doubts of liking the ‘groundhog’ day feeling — The author tells us that parenting is the most important gift that parents can bestow upon their children. We can see Jen wondering how she managed to raise a child who is ready to murder another person.I found that the middle got a little slow for me and I found myself getting distracted easily. I also had to listen to the epilogue twice to fully understand it. Again, I think reading the book might have been more enjoyable for me. Overall, this book will have you questioning the choices you make and their unintended consequences. It will likely appeal to those who enjoy twisty sci-fi thrillers. Now that it is past midnight, it is officially the thirtieth of October. Almost Halloween. Jen tells herself that Todd is eighteen, her September baby now an adult. He can do whatever he wants.

Jen is watching out the picture window waiting for her son, Todd, to come home. She sees him walking toward the house when a man suddenly appears out of the shadows and her son pulls a knife and kills him.Uneven pace, can feel a very slow at times. The start is exciting and then it slows down till about half way.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment