276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Heartcross Castle: The most heartwarming and feel good romance set in the Highlands – the perfect Scottish escape! (Love Heart Lane, Book 7)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There is realism, too, in the portrayal of a woman who has recently been experiencing domestic violence (and the effect on her children); this is well-done and not gratuitous or overly detailed but might be triggering.

Nervous about how the people she left behind will react Grace arrives back in Heartcross and soon realises it’s the least of her worries as she discovers her once luxurious home has seen better days. I loved Grace and her wonderful boys – Christie Barlow really highlights the difficulties of single motherhood, whilst showing how hard mothers work to give their children the best life possible. I liked the realism and detail of the book – we learn exactly how Grace makes ends meet (just), salvages a living space from the wreck of the castle and repairs those friendships (I tried not to retain knowledge of who is married to whom and running which small business when I discovered this is SEVENTH in the Love Heart Lane series set in the small Scottish town!I liked watching Grace reconnect with her friends at Heartcross (whose stories are told in previous books, although I didn’t feel like I was missing anything by beginning at book 7) and find her own path.

What is even more special is that the real life Grace Power is a super amazing lady who features strongly in the online book community, the use of her name is well deserved and a huge compliment to her and those of us who know her.Title - Heartcross Castle: The most heartwarming and feel good romance set in the Highlands – the perfect Scottish escape! Years of empty promises, being constantly let down not to mention the abuse, both physical and mental, have taken their toll on Grace and when a letter arrives from a solicitors saying her grandfather Marley, owner of Heartcross Castle, has passed away and she is the only living relative Grace wonders is this the opportunity she has been waiting for? There are also funny moments – a ruined picnic and some cheekiness from the kids, so it’s certainly not all heavy. Christie has let her imagination run wild in the novel and has added all the fun quirks and secrets you would wish for in a Scottish castle.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment