276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Agent Provocateur Eau de Parfum for Women, 100 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I would recommend it, but I would smell it first if you can. My best advice is to do as I say and not as I do lol, I blind bought or [or swapped rather ;) ] it, but I wouldn’t do that! It has been turning heads since 2000. This long-lasting parfum has considerable sillage since the portion of essences is very high. Most eaux de parfum have between 15-20%. Floral-woody-musky combinations, such as this one, are reminiscent of the woodland pairing wild forest flowers with more earthy tones for a very natural-smelling result. Captivating Forest Air

Top notes of this perfume include saffron and magnolia. Next middle notes of rose, gardenia, vetiver and jasmine move in. The fragrance is completed by a base of cedar, amber and musk. Overall the combination of notes here leaves a woody, mossy impression. Low Price and Various Sizes It’s a divisive perfume, my mum always compliments me on it, but my friends don’t like it at all! However I’ve worn it during the day in all seasons and it was my office perfume for many years without seeming to cause offence (my colleagues are vocal about scent) 😂 It does turn a little sour on me in the heat. There is something in the AP fragrances that men seem to like, my ex partner loved this one and Maîtresse on me and he never really noticed many of my perfumes 😂 The bottle I bought spilt in the mail so admittedly my first sniff was a big one. That it spilt was bad enough but the scent, ugh. It is as some people have already said, like old roses with wee. The rose smells heavy and powdery like a rose talcum powder kept for 40 years in a musty bedroom drawer. The magnolia, gardenia and jasmine do not add anything positive, just that faint whiff of urine.Things that come to my mind when I spray the perfume: Dry roses that have a sourness to them, minutes later I smell sth really woody and also spicyy, like a sharpened lip pencil or a spice bazaar with dry spice flakes in the middle east. The sourness does not leave the picture but it goes from a sourness to a powderness, which stays for about 6 hours on the skin. I would say the powderness is the one that the colour of the flacon stands for. In the beginning I imagine/associate the smell to be pupur red/wine-ish purple (like the saffran picture maybe?) The fourth bottle received today is the monster 200ml/ 6.7oz bottle. Still made by Inter Perfumes USA, batch HF08. I have to say it is a complete and bitter disappointment. Comparing it to the original is a joke. The two are night and day, have ZERO similarities. My 13 year old daughter sniffed all three versions on my skin and didn’t realise they were even supposed to be the same fragrance!! Today’s sample is much lighter- alarmingly so. It’s like smelling a “junior” or “miss” edition of the perfume! Where are the animalistic notes?? This is all powder and rose air freshener! The spice is gone, perhaps a gingerbreadman smoking a pipe farted in the vicinity 15 minutes ago; but that’s it. It now smells clean, fresh, sanitised. Victoria’s Secret..... not BDSM opium den.

I prefer this dark, brooding interpretation of rose to modern rose perfumes, many of which smell watery and/or sour. Though it smells a bit old fashioned, AP is more sophisticated and unique than the majority of the rose perfumes I've tested. It punches far above its modest price point. I have nothing but praise for this perfume. Actually I have one small complaint, the bottle is strange, it looks like a large plastic Easter egg. I am a geneticist and understand that odour receptor genetics mean we all judge scents slightly differently so it's likely that some people just smell this fragrance differently to others, but this is a "no no no" and "glad that it spilt in the mail" from me! It was never going to make it onto my dressing table. I bought this as a blind buy, enticed by the promises of spice, musk and something sexy. I was also intrigued by the polarised views on here but, having stupidly bought a 200ml bottle in the sale, I'm afraid to say I fall firmly into the latter camp.Overall this is a very vintage-y powdery rose. (for me) Also this is chypre I think? Reminds me of Eau de Soir by sisley, but this has an obvious rose note + it is !powdery! and veeeeeery feminine. Next, give it a moment before you go in to sniff. Let it come to you. And it will. Like a big spoiled cat that always MUST sit on your lap, no matter that you have a laptop, book, or a cup of coffee there (I'm thinking of my dear Chester). Just see how you like that before you get into her bubble and sniff right at the place of application. The fact is, if more people had followed these steps, there would be far fewer dislikes. The musk in this is present and a clean, white musk. It's really what pulls this composition together. It is such a nicely blend rosey powder perfume, not a complex one though, which relaxes my mind tbh. I remember my mother wearing it in Moscow in 2010! Its not sweet, not ambery, not warm, I decide to wear it in the colder seasons.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment