276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Citadel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Her books have been translated into thirty-seven languages and published in more than forty countries. The Founder Director of the Women’s Prize for Fiction, she is the Founder of the global Woman In History campaign. I really loved both ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘Sepulchre’, which brought together elements of my favourite genres – history, suspense, romance, with a twist of the supernatural. Citadel is both the name of a house in a small mountain village, and the name of a Resistance group, a group of women working actively to defeat the Germans. I was amazed by the writing, by the story and how Mosse manages to captivate the reader with her complex plots and engaging characters.

I failed to be moved by the love story because to me it seemed to have been put together in haste, as if the author suddenly realized she needed to have a romance thrown in.

Like their ancestors who fought to protect their land from Northern invaders seven hundred years before, these women—code-named Citadel—fight to liberate their home from the Germans. Although the principal story follows Sandrine and her friends as they attempt to find the codex, while evading capture and throwing Authié and his collaborators off the scent, we also glimpse the far distant history of the region in the subplot of the codex's original journey into the mountains, in the hands of a young, fourth-century monk risking death to save the heretical text from the flames.

Like their ancestors who fought to protect their land from Northern invaders seven hundred years before, these women — codenamed Citadel — fight to liberate their home from the Germans. Then when it is finally used, it saves a small number of villagers and has no real impact on the war itself. Found the previous two books real page turners; this one was a slightly more laborious read and I'm not sure why. The street scenes, countryside, the romantic allure of France, transcended onto the pages of the story.He goes on the run, aided by Sandrine and her sister, Marianne, who is already working with the resistance.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment