276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Osprey Europe Women's Fairview 55 Travel Pack

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Fairview also comes with padded top and side grab handles, which made the bag nice and easy to grab from the baggage claim carousel. I also found it easy to load the bag into taxis and onto boats using the handles and used them to carry the bag for short periods of time. I’d love to see a detachable shoulder strap on the Fairview 55 and 70, but this is only available on the smaller 40 litre size. The Farpoint 55 and Fairview 55 are essentially the same product; the only difference is that the Fairview is a women’s specific version.

Technically, this bag is a bit too big to be carried on, but some travellers claim that you could probably be able to get away with it. I think if Osprey took away those 2 litres and make this bag truly a carry-on size without the day bag attached, it would make so much more sense. In the end, you only gain 2 to 5 litres (depending on if it’s a female or male version) for the price of possibly not being able to carry it on. I’m currently using the Osprey Farpoint, the male version of the Fairview 55, and I share your sentiments about its durability. My Farpoint has been my trusty companion for years, and it’s held up incredibly well, even with daily use for my work commute. I can get a cover for a month or three months and I know I can travel with peace of mind and get the best product for my money. And it also covers COVID-19. It also opens suitcase-style from the side and not from the top, so you can always access everything very easily. This is perfect for when you mostly stay in hotels or in hostels.With a spacious and thoughtful design, this is a versatile bag meant for airplane travel and outdoor adventures alike at an affordable price Support for a water bladder. A water system for trekking is not included, but you can easily add one if you want. The Trek opens from the side, like a suitcase. The items in the center are held together by compression straps, keeping everything else in place too. The Osprey Fairview 55 is perfectly fine and comfortable when walking from the train station to the hostel, waiting for a cab, or performing any regular travel commuting that does not require you to walk with this bag for extended periods of time. This insufficiency in comfort didn’t start ‘weighing’ on me until maybe the 3rd or 4th month of my travels so again it really depends on what type of traveller you are. If you do not plan to travel for an extended period of time and carry the bag a lot, you will be fine. Or if you often opt for taxi rides instead of walking uphill in the heat to save a few pennies, you will be fine too.

Laptop/Tablet Sleeve – padded internal compartment which can alternatively be used to house a water bladderI hope this review has helped you if you were on the fence about buying this bag. Please let me know what you decide and what your thoughts are. Although the Farpoint/Fairview series isn’t necessarily designed for hiking, they are comfortable enough to take on hikes during your travels. Where to buy Osprey Farpoint 55

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment