276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ten Things I Hate About Me: The instant Sunday Times bestseller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My adult career has been trying to undo everything I taught myself about how to be like my dad’ ... Tracini as Dennis Savage in Hollyoaks. Photograph: Channel 4 I managed to get my hands on this book 4 days early and devoured the whole thing in a day. I’ll start by saying that this book is a very heavy read, and as Joe points out, if you’re not ready to read this book or easily triggered then please don’t read it. He tries to explain what your life is like when you essentially have a brain that’s trying to kill you every day.’ Writing this book has been the hardest thing I've ever done. It had to be dragged into the world, with my condition telling me that every single word, sentence and chapter was terrible and would make strangers walk up to me in the street and punch me in the face.

It doesn't just make an argument for honesty, it makes one for kindness and understanding (without ever taking them for granted). Eu n��o acho justo dar estrelas pra um relato sincero sobre transtorno de personalidade mas ainda assim vou dar 5. Toda noite ficava animada pra ler mais do livro e descobrir o que mais eu e o Joe tínhamos em comum. Foi ótimo me sentir acolhida e abraçada por alguém que também se sente a pior pessoa do mundo na maior parte do tempo. That being said, I can honestly say, that this is one of the most raw and honest books I have ever read. To see Joes life, soul and mistakes laid out on paper really takes willpower and strength. For me, the reason that I think this book is so impacting and moving is because he doesn’t write this out of a place of being ‘fixed’ or better’ but, as he says a number of time, he’s still broken and willing to give us an insight into that brokenness. The thing that I think I liked most (if that’s that right word to use) is making people see that just because you’ve been fixed once, it’s okay to break against, it’s not a once fixed always fixed kind of illness. Tracini can’t stand most of what is said in the media about mental health – he says so much of it is po-faced or exploited by celebrities to promote a product. “I used to be watching, thinking: ‘Yeah, great, when’s your album out?’” So many mental health narratives are sugar-coated, he says. “It’s empty and fluffy, like: it will get better. I’m a lot of things, but I’m not fluffy and what goes on up there isn’t fluffy. It’s not a nice little gif with a hug.” Joe Tracini To Star In Spamalot Tour Alongside His Father Joe Pasquale From May 11!". Broadway World. 15 April 2015 . Retrieved 17 April 2015.

Customer reviews

Feelings aren’t a choice. We don’t choose how we feel. The only choice we have is weather or not to tell someone about it” Obrigada Joe. Foi uma experiência incrível e eu vou sentir falta das suas palavras nas noites de insônia. Review: Cinderella, York Barbican, until December 30". The Press (York). 26 December 2012 . Retrieved 8 June 2015. Life is just so exhausting, he says, that there is not a moment when he is unaware of himself. Has he never felt inner calm? Actually, yes, there was one day, recently.

In my opinion, this book is a must-read for anyone trying to better understand other people's experiences, and to really appreciate that you can never, ever tell what a person may be going through just by looking at them. He doesn’t delve into where his BPD came from, although it’s fairly obvious his Mum and Dad weren’t Mr and Mrs Perfect Pants Parents. Perhaps that’s because they’ll be reading his book? But he does make it obvious they were more likely to take a pair of shears to pernicious weeds in the garden rather than dig them up by the roots. Disapproval and emotional distance are clearly big factors in his family dynamic.Former Hollyoaks star Joe Tracini joins father Joe Pasquale in Spamalot". Digital Spy. 15 April 2015 . Retrieved 17 April 2015. The actor spoke about how difficult day-to-day living is with the illness - he also told presenter Lorraine Kelly, that he has thought about killing himself several times - causing alarm to many watching from home.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment