276°
Posted 20 hours ago

KRK KNS 8400 Studio Reference Headphones

£174.995£349.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Studio headphones won't completely replace studio monitors, but it's a good enough to use if you're on a limited budget. Compared to a lot of other options that force you to treat your headphones like babies, these very much gave off the feeling of being a “DJ tool” rather than something particularly delicate.

We recommend theBeyerdynamic DT770 PRO for aspiring musicians and producers who need reliable cans torecord vocals.

KRK KNS 8400 - Pros & Cons

Conclusion At this price, these headphones are a steal. Great for producing and studio work, but if you’re looking for a new pair of DJ headphones you’ll want to look elsewhere. Why? Because those songs really shine when the bass is pumping loud. Since the low end on the KNS 8400 is slightly on the low side, you might be tempted to boost those frequencies up really high until you get that low-end rumble – which, of course, will just lead your song into having a very uneven bass response. But then again, this is the case with most studio headphones in general, and not just the KNS 8400. Build Quality and Comfort The bulky design, although comfy, can trap heat and cause sweating in warm/hot environments. However, there are nocomfortissues if you wear them for extended periods with timely breaks. Utilizing the latest in acoustic memory foam technology ensures class leading performance in both reproduction and isolation.

When KRK says these cans are designed to have the closest response as possible to their monitor speakers, they aren't kidding. While many parts of the DJ experience are negotiable (you can always get a laptop, turntable, or mixer that is “good enough”), one area that every DJ inherently understands the value of is a pair of good performance quality headphones – and the KRK KNS-8402 could be the perfect choice for this. The first thing I noticed about the KNS 8400 is that they’re a bit on the bright side. The mid-range really shine with these headphones – Dr. Dre’s “Still D.R.E.” sounds perfect on these. The snares are punchy, hi-hats are crisp, and there’s a nice separation with the vocals while still blending it together with the rest of the instruments. The individual details of songs really come out and sound super sharp. Comfort: Outstanding. There's really nothing more to say. These things are as comfortable as my old Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro's, which were the most comfortable headphone I've used. There were some complaints about the headband on the 8400, which uses two separate pads which some people complained could cause pressure points. On my head, at least, this simpy is not an issue with the similarly-designed 8402 headband.. Clamping for is just right, the seal is excellent, and the headphones don't seem sensitive to placement on one's head. I wear glasses and they seem to have no effect on the sound quality.Everyone needs a reliable pair of studio headphones torecord vocals. The good news is the online market boasts a range of headphones you can consider. The headset has a snug fit and chunky frame. The leakage is negligent and the padding makes it comfy enough for long periods of use and the coiled cable is robust but heavy, which is why you won’t see these too often on the subway.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment