276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Corsair Void RGB Elite Wireless Premium Gaming Headset with 7.1 Surround Sound - Discord Certified - Works with PC, PS5 and PS4 - Carbon (CA-9011201-NA), Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For best performance, bend the flexible microphone boom to best fit near the left corner of your mouth. A 30-degree bend is a good place to start, but you can adjust this if your mic is too loud or too soft. VOLUME CONTROL This is why planar magnetic drivers are able to create such a natural soundstage, and why I think they are the best technology for gaming headsets if you want to deeply immerse yourself in your chosen game world. NOTE: The first time you use the CORSAIR HS55 WIRELESS headset on a PC, the operating system will automatically install a device driver. After the device driver is installed, we recommend you reboot your PC before use. If you were after proper audiophile wireless chops, Audeze has delivered here, and in a gaming headset.

The Arctis Nova Pro's made even more portable with a pair of hot-swappable, lithium-ion batteries. These charge up in under an hour slotted into the side of the ESS Sabre Quad-DAC, or throughUSBType-C charging cable connected to the headset. I've not had to plug in once in the month I've had it; I just swap the battery over when one's about to die, which takes a good two and a half days of full use. Use the volume control/EQ select wheel to adjust volume up or down. In addition, pressing the volume wheel cycles through four audio EQ presets: Standard, Bass Boost, Movie Theater, and FPS Competition. CHARGING It's the spatial audio where the HS80 surprises, with impressive 3D audio and accurate positioning.Corsair's HS80 RGB Wireless is easily one of the best headsets the company has ever made. It boasts the latest and greatest lag-free Slipstream Wireless tech, high fidelity audio, and Dolby Atmos. The microphone is really solid, too. I'm glad we're seeing more headsets featuring Bluetooth connectivity since it frees up a USB slot that a wireless dongle would take up, and you can connect your phone to them. But it's worth noting that a Bluetooth connection is often used only for a battery-saving option because, as a gamer, you will want to go for an essentially lag-free dedicated dongle connection instead.

The Audeze Maxwell is absolutely now my daily driver of a headset. It services both my desire for wireless freedom and my pretentious audiophile pretentions, and it's just the best aural experience you're going to get in a gaming headset. Do not leave the battery fully discharged for long periods. Battery life is maximized by keeping the battery in a partially charged state. With planar magnetic drivers, however, you (generally) have a pair of magnets either side of a flat diaphragm. Essentially, the way they generate sound waves is the same—using electrical currents to interact with the magnetic fields and move the diaphragm—but because of the wider, flatter structure of the driver the way the sound hits your ears is broader and more natural.

Precision Gaming Audio

NOTE: Prolonged listening at high volumes may adversely affect your hearing. Take breaks between sessions and always begin with the volume at a low level before increasing. MICROPHONE CONTROL So what's my obsessive deal with planar magnetic drivers? Your standard gaming headset uses dynamic drivers, which operate on a principle largely similar to traditional speakers. They have a cone-shaped diaphragm that is vibrated using a single magnet, and a magnetised coil, to generate sound. It's relatively simple, but creates a distinct shape of wavefront as the sound hits your ears.

I love a flip-to-mute microphone, as it's much more convenient than a removeable mic, and there's less risk of losing your microphone. Not that I would ever do that, nope. PC - Connect the wireless USB receiver to any USB (type-A) port on your PC. Press the power button on the headset. The headset powers on in RF wireless mode by default. The headset is designed to operate at a range of up to 50 feet (15.24m) from the receiver, but other wireless devices, electronics and obstructions such as walls may impact performance. It can make those claims thanks to dual 2.4GHz dongle and Bluetooth connectivity, which can be connected to different devices simultaneously. Though I'd argue it's more the design that makes these headphones great for gaming and heading out and about: they don't look like a lumbering gaming headset, so you don't have to feel silly wearing these outdoors. Many of the qualities you’re looking for from a wireless headset are the same you’d hope to find in any audio equipment—tone, build quality, and reliability leading the charge. As such, we listen to each review model while playing different genres of games, listening to music, and watching movies with bombastic sound effects and surround mixes—think less Werner Herzog, more Chris Nolan.

The Corsair HS80 is a great headset. It sounds great in both games and other media with a wonderful implementation of Dolby Atmos. If you do a lot of chat, the microphone is one of the best we've tested.

However, it's the spatial audio where the HS80 surprises, with impressive 3D audio and accurate positioning. This, as you can imagine, is great for games like first-person shooters or large open-world environments. This is made even better with support for Dolby Atmos and Corsair provides an automatic license with the headset. I've been playing a lot of Halo Infinite which supports Dolby Atmos and it has sounded amazing on these cans. The sad fact is that you are likely to be paying a premium for a wireless version of any product. You have to factor in the extra design, the extra connectivity peripherals (the wireless dongle, etc.), and the fact you now have to have a battery. Are wireless gaming headsets heavier than wired ones? There are some for whom nanoseconds do matter, or at least are perceived to, and they may wish to steer clear of wireless headphones, but for the majority of us, there is little problem with the best wireless gaming headsets today.Though all things considered, I struggle to imagine a customer who wouldn't be happy with these as a wireless gaming headset. They're pricey, but within reason for their specs, and they certainly deliver on everything you could want for gaming, and listening to music, on your PC. When you're shopping for a budget wireless gaming headset, you have to be prepared to spend more than you would on a budget wired gaming headset. Or at least if you want something quality that won't let you down in the long-run. We rate the Corsair HS55 as the best budget gaming headset so it seems only fitting to recommend the wireless version for anyone that wants to cut the cord.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment