276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lore Olympus: Volume One

£10.125£20.25Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And I was not disappointed, it’s fantastic quality, the art work translates beautifully into the book and the story line is second to none. Scandalous gossip, wild parties, and forbidden love—witness what the gods do after dark in this stylish and contemporary reimagining of one of mythology’s most well-known stories from creator Rachel Smythe. Now I'm sad that Volume One is over, I have no idea when Volume Two is coming out (please be soon, please be soon), and I'm thinking I'm going to probably finally cave and just start reading it as a webtoon because there's no way I can wait for the next volume bind-up.

If this is middle grade, then I apologize because I thought it was an adult story, so my expectations might have been off a bit. more tw/cw that i wrote down: drinking, drugging, blackmail, captivity, kidnapping, parental abuse, paparazzi/stalking, blood depiction, rape, sexual coercion, unwanted sexual pictures being taken, anxiety depiction, trauma depiction, and disassociating while something traumatic is happening. I’ve followed this WEBTOON since before Rachel changed her style and redid the first few chapters, and I was so excited to see and own the first 25 chapters in print! Mientras lees Lore Olympus lo único en lo que piensas es que quieres que todo salga bien para Hades y Perséfone, que por fin se confiesen sus sentimientos, que dejen los prejuicios de lado y por fin decidan ser felices y estar juntos. I loved the plot as it is the modern retelling of greek myths and the way the author draw the characters in this is just so unique, stylish and perfect.What Scott Pilgrim did for Canadian slackers, Lore Olympus does for the Greek Pantheon, while being so beautiful that you know Aphrodite is just staring daggers in its direction. I hated how trapped Persephone feels and that she needs to prove herself 😭 She deserves the world and Hades! To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Beautiful artwork and compelling characters [take] the forefront of this romantic, tech-savvy retelling of Greek mythology.

Lore Olympus opens with Persephone as the “new girl in the city” role, having just moved in to be Artemis’ roommate while Hades is this corporate executive-type just off a breakup with Minth. I could not put this graphic novel down and cannot wait to see more of Persephone and Hades--and the rest of the Lore Olympus pantheon.When Artemis, her roommate takes her to a wild party she meets Hades, the charming god of the Underworld and she feels a spark with him. When her roommate, Artemis, takes her to a party, her entire life changes: she ends up meeting Hades and feels an immediate spark with the charming yet misunderstood ruler of the Underworld. This was a fantastic retelling of Hades and Persephone about love, power, politics and discovering your place in the world. As one should probably expect, we get to watch the gods be complete pricks to each other and spite one another and scheming for revenge or just pure sport.

This is not my first Hades/Persephone rodeo, so I know it's A Thing, but I find the whole set-up really boring. My 14 year old daughter is the one who recognized it, so she's actually the one I originally bought it for, but my curiosity got the better of me after I saw all the rave reviews. It’s all very energetic and entertaining, and the modern setting opens up a lot of fun with the characters all having iphones and instagrams which quickly spread all the gossip.

As my friend Al suggested, the art is very reminiscent of Kyle Baker with maybe a little Babs Tarr thrown in. Die unterschiedlichen Darstellungen der Götter auf äußerst humorvolle Weise haben mich besonders überzeugt.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment