276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Happiness is a Warm Puppy

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is a terrific book for anyone from 3-up (I'm an adult and I still get a few copies every year and give them out, and I'm always pleasantly surprised by how happy this simple little book can make even the most jaded). urn:lcp:happinessiswarmp00schu:epub:4a6822ab-a95f-442c-be78-8f1315a01f2c Extramarc OhioLINK Library Catalog Foldoutcount 0 Identifier happinessiswarmp00schu Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t9m33nt71 Isbn 0915696134

Happiness is definitely enjoying one of Charles Schulz' Peanuts' books ... and this one has lots of words of wisdom from members of the gang as to what exactly happiness is. Mother Superior Jump the Gun" is a multi-layered reference literally about a nun having intercourse prior to her death (and not just any nun, the leader of the convent), when she will (according to Catholicism) ultimately be (re)-united with her groom, Jesus. (Nuns wear a wedding ring on their right hand indicating they are "married to Jesus"); however, this is very likely a shot at organized religion by John.In addition, it also talks of her ultimate fate, which is suicide because of her earthly seduction by someone who doesn't love here.

Become a Member

Peanuts ran for nearly 50 years, almost without interruption; during the life of the strip, Schulz took only one vacation, a five-week break in late 1997. At its peak, Peanuts appeared in more than 2,600 newspapers in 75 countries. Schulz stated that his routine every morning consisted of eating a jelly donut and sitting down to write the day's strip. After coming up with an idea (which he said could take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours), he began drawing it, which took about an hour for dailies and three hours for Sunday strips. He stubbornly refused to hire an inker or letterer, saying that "it would be equivalent to a golfer hiring a man to make his putts for him." In November 1999 Schulz suffered a stroke, and later it was discovered that he had colon cancer that had metastasized. Because of the chemotherapy and the fact he could not read or see clearly, he announced his retirement on December 14, 1999. The man in the crowd with multicolored mirrors on his hobnail boots” is about a Manchester City soccer fan who was arrested for putting mirrors on the toe caps of his shoes to look up girls’ skirts at soccer games. Taylor said the “lying with his eyes while his hands were busy working overtime” came from something he’d “read where a man wearing a cloak had fake plastic hands, which he would rest on the counter of a shop while underneath the cloak he was busy lifting things and stuffing them in a bag around his waist.” Taylor didn’t know where the “soap impression of his wife” line came from, but donating to the National Trust was about people crapping “behind bushes and in old air raid shelters.” Linus is obviously studious for he is happy with 10 out of 10 for spelling (this reminds me of my first essay at senior school where I made a spelling mistake and had the red 'Sp' marked alongside - and the word I had misspelt, 'misitakes' - well it was appropriate anyway!) or when he is doing a jigsaw and he finds 'the little piece with the pink edge and part of the sky and the top of the boat'; jigsaws can at times be so frustrating! And another happiness for Linus is 'sleeping in your own bed' a sentiment with which I wholeheartedly concur. Besides, even if you were right, I'm pretty sure John Lennon would not sit there shaking his head and saying "nope nope nope, uh-uh, your totally wrong" if you told him this.

Lucy herself is happy with an umbrella and a new raincoat as she walks in the rain or when she is playing with her friends Sally and Marcie in a sandpit... and not fighting while in it! She is also happy when she is sitting in front of a birthday cake with 'lots of candles' - six to be precise, which is okay but the more they get, perhaps the less happy she will be!This is the MOST CLEVER pop song ever and you're all wrong on its meaning. The song is about a woman who learns her man is cheating on her and decides to shoot him (Happiness is getting revenge on your cheating husband by shooting him). The song begins: "She’s not a girl who misses much. Don't you love this explanation? It's so, so true. This really may be the secret to a happy life after all. Now, go out there and find your warm puppy!! 🙂

Have you ever heard of the quote “Happiness is a Warm Puppy” before? If so, have you ever thought of what the quote really means? Listening to this song, especially with the line "Happiness is a warm gun", I felt it was about how you always seem to hurt someone when you're happy. Humans suffer so others can be happy and when it's their turn to be happy, they often make someone else suffer. Later that year, Schulz approached the United Feature Syndicate with his best strips from Li'l Folks, and Peanuts made its first appearance on October 2, 1950. The strip became one of the most popular comic strips of all time. He also had a short-lived sports-oriented comic strip called It's Only a Game (1957–1959), but he abandoned it due to the demands of the successful Peanuts. From 1956 to 1965 he contributed a single-panel strip ("Young Pillars") featuring teenagers to Youth, a publication associated with the Church of God.There was always that edge in America – we knew they did have guns,” Starr told Rolling Stone. In October 2015, Lennon’s widow Yoko Ono put out ads saying over 1,100,000 people were killed by guns in the United States since her husband was killed on Dec 8, 1980. The CDC confirmed the number, which included suicides and accidental deaths. Lennon’s recording and drinking buddy Harry Nilsson used to give out boozy kisses at Beatlefests for a dollar he would contribute to gun control efforts. “If everyone who had a gun just shot themselves, there wouldn’t be a problem,” George Harrison once quipped.

There are so many things that could be your “warm puppy.” The key is to grab on to those moments and those things and understand the satisfaction of experiencing them instead of allowing yourself to believe that satisfaction is something you constantly have to be acquiring and working towards. Find the satisfaction of enough. Find your warm puppy! It's funny because everyone seem to have a very elaborate interpretation of these lyrics, whether it involves drugs, sex, guns/war or all three of them. Mine is actually much simpler, although maybe not as good.

Success!

Well, here's a great explanation I found from Post Consumers that I really liked (true or not…) and wanted to share with you all! As society goes ever-faster down the toilet, as people act now like irresponsible children, there are certain truisms, which held when this little book was first published, as they are today... and will - forever more.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment