276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Light in the Window: A completely gripping WW2 historical novel with a heartbreaking twist (Margarete's Journey Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After the death of her glamorous, distant mother, Emilie de la Martiniéres finds herself alone in the world – and sole inheritor of her grand childhood home. But once this stopped I found the flow of the story to be excellent and I existed in a constant state of fear for Margarete. This series is about how the life of a sixty year old stressed out, worn out priest, was infused with new spirit and energy when a dog, a boy and a new neighbor entered his life.

And then, of course the author it's going to kill him to teach us a lesson, but the couple, characters and plot were so bad that I couldn't care less about it! I do know that she lived in Blowing Rock in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina for a number of years and that Mitford is loosely based on Blowing Rock. A real old-fashioned romance which manages to have a compelling narrative as well as something of a history lesson in the Special Operations Executive. A side swing bracket makes it possible to turn the window sash and thereby clean the outside – from inside.Though Light From Heaven is officially the final novel in the series, there's yet another Mitford book in this prolific author.

But when disaster strikes during the play, Marcy is destined to discover the truth of the play's message first-hand when it becomes clear that although two men have professed their undying love, only one has truly responded to "the light in the window. It didn’t bare thinking about if Reiner figured out what was going on but I suppose Wilhelm had his own clear long term goal in mind and was determined to achieve it but I guess he didn’t take into account his human emotions taking over at times.Separated from her contact, she stumbles into the heart of a wealthy family who are caught up in a deadly game of secrets and lies.

I learned about how the Nazis forbade the Jews from using public libraries, from shaking hands with Aryans, held public book burnings and created lists of books to be burned. I have always said that I love stories and characters that can garner a reaction out of me whether it is awe, hate, love, horror, etc. A minor critique stems from a few instances of unnecessary repetition in the story and the somewhat annoying focus on how often various Nazis styled their hair with Brylcream.

To arrive at the frame size, 2-3 cm should be subtracted from the opening size, to allow space for the seal for the door or window.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment