276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Linsoul HarmonicDyne Athena Semi-Closed Over-ear Wired HiFi Headphone with 50mm Dynamic Driver, Glass Faceplate, Detachable OCC Cable (HarmonicDyne Athena)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The evolution of the original irreverent and irrelevant and non-authoritative site for headphone measurements, i. While not matching the technicalities of my high-end references, I was consistently eager to play "just one more track", which is high praise considering my acclimation to summit-fi. Imaging is projected distinctly with pinpoint precision, enabling easy placement of instruments across the vast space. Please acknowledge that waterfall plots in headphones can be controversial and that measurements in non-professional rig may be misleading. At 345g, the Athena carries enough heft for a premium feel but remains comfortable over multi-hour use.

I didn’t hear those two dips per se, but it seems they relatively elevated surrounding frequencies to result in good clarity and presence in perception.

I still use them all as references but the ones I enjoy the most and that I drive daily are my Athenas. When I listened to acoustic bluegrass or jazz music, with a lot of strings, there's a false resonating sound that peaks quite high at times. The frequency response has been compensated for by a home-brew hybrid curve that is derived from several different profiles (mainly HPN and HEQ) and room transfer curves. Given the build quality, package, cable quality and overall resolution / sonic presentation, I think Athena is an outstanding value for a headphone in the entry-level range, and it does sound superb, without breaking the bank.

In general, upon receiving your parcel, please confirm the contents of the package and ensure that the package is in good condition before signing for it. Starting off in the subbass with the usual “ Chameleon” test, there is no roll off in these ranges, in fact, there is a little bit of a bump, which does give these a “rumble” factor. Listening: Per-Song​Let's explore the Athena's capabilities through some of my reference test tracks. During my listening sessions, I found the Athena’s balance to be experientially-neutral, which compensates for my ears being less sensitive to bass and treble at the volume level I use.It was more like the headphone sounded like it was notes deflecting off the back of the cup interior than natural decay of the driver.

Egal, für mich zählt guter Klang und angenehmer Tragekomfort und diese Kriterien erfüllt der Athena allemal. Moving into the midbass, this sensation is less present (although there are still hints) and these regions have a hint of warmth to them without being overly exaggerated.If the upper mid-range were more pronounced, the treble presentation on the Athena would be significantly improved overall. Linsoul Audio will not be responsible for parcels that have been damaged during the transit process. They are marketed as being a “Studio-Grade 50mm Metal-Ceramic Composite Dynamic Driver Headphone” which has a “Studio-Grade Tuning with a tonally balanced sound signature and a 3dB sub-bass boost”.

This musical, modern and interpretive tonality encouraged rediscovery of familiar tracks with fresh ears. They do not have a massive soundstage, they do not extract every little nuance, but they do have envelopment and engagement. The Athena also pulls ahead in wearing comfort and soundstage breadth for a more engrossing experience.First of all, quickly in the box you get the headphone, accessory box that contains cable and a carry bag as well as a coin that shows off the Athena name and serial number of your headphone. Articles may include affiliate links from which we may earn a small commission to help support the site. Once open we are greeted by the headphones sitting inside some foam cutouts, with an accessories box at the top and in the center we get a brass coin that has the company logo on one side and Athena on the other, along with the serial number. Er ist relativ leicht, sitzt sehr angenehm auf dem Kopf und ist klanglich für den Preis ein absoluter Winner.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment