276°
Posted 20 hours ago

These Twisted Bonds (These Hollow Vows Book 2)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She needed to know what would happen next, how things would unfold in the fairy kingdom, and who would ultimately win Abriella’s heart. I think he’s a more sympathetic character in this one, and he’s written in a way that can make readers feel conflicted, but I didn’t love the part he played at the end of this book. Her power is immense, but so is her fear and despair… And while Sebastian tries to persuade her his actions are forgivable, Abriella continues to struggle with her feelings for Finn (yet another male fae who thought he knew what was best for her).

The sequel starts right where These Hollow Vows finished, with Brie finding herself a situation she had dreaded and not knowing who to trust. His past, his origins, and the way he cares about his people gave him a more human and realistic touch that completely conquered me. To say I've been so excited for the conclusion to this duology since I finished the first book is an understatement, and to receive an arc on top of that? Whilst finding her own root and identity, Brie did her best to help those who were trapped under the fate of Queen Arya’s rules as she realized her impression of fae was unfair and she wants to change it. You don’t normally get that, particularly with a big publisher behind it, so it was a downside for me.These Twisted Bonds picks up right where These Hollow Vows left off and takes you on an exciting and unforgettable journey that will keep you hooked until the very end. These Twisted Bonds also sees the introduction of several characters, as well as the growth of existing ones. The writing was well done, the characters full of life and personality, and the pacing was on point.

And okay, with the love triangle that was established in book one, I had hoped for it not to be dragged out for long in book two as it's not a favourite trope of mine. I found myself going through the ups and downs along with Brie, understanding her frustrations and the loneliness that came from having no clear answer on who to trust.i think i died 48383 times while trying to get through the never-ending cringe, i honestly don’t know how I did it. Brie's character development was well done, I liked how she learned more about herself throughout the book and understood her purpose. I can see where Ryan attempted to change Brie there at the end, but it felt a little insincere and rushed. Her emotions are all over the place and she had to do something to control herself or something bad would happen.

The book was very fast paced and full of adventure from the very beginning, leading right on from the painful ending of These Hollow Vows. I love her, I loved her journey, and I loved seeing such a strong character make such painful sacrifices to become unstoppable, using weaknesses and inner darkness to make himself stronger. You want to live every moment, every twist and turn as it happens and let yourself be carried away by it!Alone in a dangerous land, Brie cannot trust anyone, and she doesn’t know where to go or what to do to escape Sebastian. Ryan illustrated these very potent emotions so loudly, I had tears in my eyes and even ended up sobbing at Brie’s lowest points. We journey to the faraway reaches of the Unseelie Court, as well as visit the Wild Fae Lands, which hitherto have only been referenced in conversation.

I don't know how to decide who to trust in this realm, but you can learn a lot from the way someone treats those weaker than they are, those who have nothing to offer them. He truly stole the show in the first half of the book, but I am not mad about it at all, he’s awesome! Perhaps more importantly though, their romance features such delectable tropes as forced proximity, fake dating, love triangle, and the pièce de resistance – the only-one-bed conundrum. I'd love for her to explore the changes that concluded this world, especially around Bash and Jas' new roles. You, with your amazing feelings and mysterious self and strong yet gentle personality, now you turned into a (forgive my french) simping-who-knows-WHAT.

I really enjoyed the addition of a few new characters (side note: I need a Misha spin-off 👀) and I felt that all the characters had the arc they deserved. This book beautifully rounded off the story, but I really wish there were more books in this series because I need more! So glad you also thought the wait was worth it; I loved how things were wrapped up in These Twisted Bonds. One of the things that captivated my attention the most - if you don’t count all the interaction between the characters -, was the in dept history and legends of the fae realm that we haven’t had the opportunity to read about until now. Granted, the world building is not the most intricate that I have come across, but not every fantasy needs to be Tolkienesque in its descriptions.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment