276°
Posted 20 hours ago

New Door Restore | Restore Colour and Appearance of Faded Composite uPVC Doors | 250ml

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This ensures your doors look as beautiful as they always have, but the areas you can’t see now have up-to-date energy-efficient technology to reduce your energy bills.

Door repairs by the experts at Door Repairs UK Ltd Door repairs by the experts at Door Repairs UK Ltd

All our engineers have passed a comprehensive exam, allowing qualification to the Automatic Door Installation Association, otherwise known as BS EN16005. Failing that, we can only recommend you speak with the people who fitted the door again and ask them to look into it further as there may be a manufacturing problem. We look at the most common areas for rot (the bottom of the door and sills, for example), but also every other part of the door. We are CHAS approved, fully DBS checked, and members of the Automatic Door Installation Association.Once we’ve stained your front door, we top it with five layers of high-quality, marine-grade lacquer . His work includes repairing handles, fixing draught problems, reviving faded surfaces, fitting cat flaps and more. Polytrol works by saturating deep into the surface of the door, not by leaving a coating, so removal of the excess Polytrol is important. Exposure to the British elements, UV Rays and pollution can all contribute to making your front door look dull and faded.

How to revive a composite front door | Owatrol Direct

Both of these products are available in a 100ml sample pot – we would recommend purchasing these and testing them out in a small area first. If, however, there are other colours underneath the top layer, there is a chance this will come to the surface. As with all surfaces, we would recommend purchasing a sample size pot and testing it in a small area first. Owatrol Polytrol can also be used to revive the colour and shine to other surfaces such as plastic bumpers and guttering, metal garages, boat gelcoats, floor tiles, stone and more!The surface of the door feels different as well – it is clear that I’ve managed to remove the surface by with the white spirit. I have been advised to use a Primer and then painted it but I have read that Composite doors should not be painted. The new glass and draught-proofing aimed to achieve “A” on the windows and door energy efficiency rating scale.

Door Refinishing - Door Renew Door Refinishing - Door Renew

All waxes, polishes, silicone etc should be completely and thoroughly removed as this will hinder the penetration of Polytrol. One of the bigger benefits of restoring period doors rather than replacing them is that it keeps bespoke doors in place.However, previous homeowners may have changed their doors to keep up with the current styles and trends, just as you are doing now. This helps to get rid of any imperfections from temperature fluctuations, UV rays, and superficial wear that has occurred over the years. Of course, the doors are likely single-glazed, though, which is an issue when it comes to energy efficiency. The company were prepared to fit a new one under warranty, but we realised that it would probably just happen again and we are really happy with it, especially now thanks to Polytrol.

Revive a composite door with Owatrol - Trade Decorator Revive a composite door with Owatrol - Trade Decorator

Regarding the above query “I have used this product on my black composite door, but I still have faded patches within the grain. To have an excellent result you must begin with a clean door free to any dirt, grease, grime and mildew. If your front door looks dated, you may be considering whether you should replace it or refurbish it. If signs of rot on doors are addressed quickly, the repair work is fairly minimal, and the door will look as beautiful as ever.The previous owners have painted it black but the paint job is terrible, it is patchy, flaking, has large brush marks and runs. I hope this was helpful and answers your questions – please feel free to contact us again should you require any further assistance. Our engineers hold certificates approved by Fire Qual – Inspection and Maintenance of internal fire doors.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment