276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Flaming Dragon: King Arthur, Merlin, Prince Madoc, The Romans and the Comet Explosion that caused the Evacuation of England and the Start of the Dark Ages

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Stiller developed the premise for Tropic Thunder while shooting Empire of the Sun, [20] in which he played a small part. Stiller wanted to make a film based on the actors he knew who, after taking part in boot camps to prepare for war film roles, became "self-important" and "self-involved" and appeared to believe they had been part of a real military unit. [21] [22] Disability advocates and others who previewed the film reported that the offensive treatment of individuals with mental disabilities was woven throughout the film's plot. [143] Disability advocates urged people not to see the film, claiming it is demeaning to individuals with mental disabilities and would encourage bullying. [147] Stiller defended the film, stating "We screened the movie so many times and this didn't come up until very late ...in the context of the film I think it's really clear, they were making fun of the actors and actors who try to use serious subjects to win awards." [148] Co-writer Etan Cohen echoed Stiller's rationale: "Some people have taken this as making fun of handicapped people, but we're really trying to make fun of the actors who use this material as fodder for acclaim." [149] He went on to state that the film lampoons actors who portray intellectually disabled or autistic characters such as Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man, Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump, and Sean Penn in I Am Sam. [149] Bog Grog - A mix of Rum, Orange Juice and fermented herbs that, when drunk, causes the user to gain advantage on saving throws against being poisoned for 30 minutes. Wong, Curtis M. (January 16, 2015). "Kevin Hart Won't Play A Gay Role Because 'Of What People Are Going To Think' ". Huffington Post. One-Scene Wonder: In-universe. Les Grossman, although just having three scenes in the entire movie, has become one of the most memorable characters. He's even getting his own film.

My Hovercraft Is Full of Eels: Played with when Lazarus is speaking Chinese to distract the drug workers from the group's rescue of Tugg; while capable of producing coherent sentences ("I find this pale eel scavenging like a catfish inside of my rice paddy"), he's just as prone to spout complete nonsense ("I have shrimp for your daughter"). a b Zeidler, Sue (August 11, 2008). "Advocates for disabled to protest 'Tropic Thunder' ". Reuters. Archived from the original on June 9, 2021.

Know another quote from Tropic Thunder?

Affectionate Parody: Tropic Thunder is a very mean-spirited parody of movie production in general, but it also shows that there are people in the industry who are very passionate about it. a b c d Cieply, Michael (August 10, 2008). "Nationwide 'Thunder' Boycott in the Works". The New York Times. Archived from the original on November 7, 2010.

Kirk tells Kevin "I know Speedman got everyone convinced we out here making Planet of the Apes on YouTube or some shit, but I don't buy it!" a b c d e Levy, Emanuel. "Tropic Thunder: Making of a War Movie Satire". Emanuel Levy Cinema 24/7. Archived from the original on December 18, 2008.In-Universe Factoid Failure: Tugg confuses the Teen Choice Awards with the Kids Choice Awards by saying that Kevin would be slimed. Given how Tugg is, this is to be expected. Refuge in Audacity: The whole movie — a clear case where toning it down would have actually made it much more offensive than it is. Among the tropes spoofed/subverted in this way:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment