276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Lemon Tree Café: The Heart-warming Sunday Times Bestseller

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Why do you have to destroy a nice little story about a nice little girl and a nice little café with annoying, way too depressing things? Oh right, because the nice little girl doesn't want to be a nice little girl because she is too much of a women's libber for that. I hate girls like that. Wedding night" е твърде дълга книга. Е, не бях прочела тази... Почти 500 страници се върти едно и също само дето го завъртаме от друга страна, че уж да го представим за нещо ново. Книгата започва скучно, развива се скучно и завършва скучно. Никога през живота си не съм искала толкова много да зарежа книга, дори първата част от Дворовете имаше повече смисъл от това. В Дворовете поне имаше някаква интрига и любовната история макар и нескопосано написана, беше по-добра от това чудо, дето не разбрах романс ли беше или какво... Rich espresso, delicious biscotti and juicy village gossip - will Rosie fall for this new way of life? Lemon Tree Softplay Cafe is located at Unit 1 Middleton South, Wagonway Drive, Great Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE13 9BJ. There are a lot of young families in Great Park and this is something everybody can enjoy. Parents have already said to us, 'Thank you for doing this, we need this!'"

And of course you can't have a book review, about a book focusing on an Italian cafe, without mentioning food, it sounded delicious. As a word of warning if you are a huge fan of pizza you will love certain aspects of this book without a doubt, and may have your fingers itching to reach and call for your local delivery service! A new book by Cathy Bramley is always a highlight in my year. I love her uplifting and inspiring stories and I can already tell you that I absolutely loved The Lemon Tree Café. Especially it is not the first time that we read about Rosie Featherstone, she was a friend of the lovely Veritiy in The Plumberry School of Comfort Food. So I was very. excited to find out more about her and her story. Nonna's defensive behaviour and secrecy in the beginning didn't build up suspense and the urge to read on and uncover the secret etc. (Neither did Rosie's secret past.) No, it just made her a really unsympathetic old lady that I didn't care about. I guess that's a pity, as it took a certain amount of cuteness from the story. I really prefer lovely old grannies. Then disaster looms and the cafe's fortunes are threatened . . . and Rosie discovers that her nonna has been hiding a dark past of her own. With surprises, betrayal and more than one secret brewing, can she find a way to save the Lemon Tree Cafe and help both herself and Nonna achieve the happy endings they deserve?

Recommendations

The entrepreneurial mums are running the business alongside their jobs, with Joan in the legal sector, Florence as a pharmacist, and Kaying working in education.

Rosie though is not the only familiar character in this story. A lovely family moves to the village too and makes Rosie's life definitely more interesting. I have to say that in The Lemon Tree Café we get to meet such a lovely and fun bunch of characters! I loved how everyone was so supportive of each other and the whole small village atmosphere. Cathy Bramley smuggles so many important issues and messages into her books. It is the same with "The Lemon Tree Cafe" - it is a story of finding yourself, finding what brings you happiness, it's about daily struggles of new mothers, about learning to appreciate yourself again, about family, secrets and letting the old demons go, about being proud of who you are and your roots - this all in this lovely, heart - warming, light - hearted and gorgeously delicious story. I can only salute the author for writing another unforgettable story. This book was for me like a huge mug of hot chocolate with marshmallow topping, so welcoming, comforting and tasty. Highly recommended!Rosie is a hardworking and business driven strong woman who has focused on her career and forgot about relationships for many years. So when she starts helping her nonna in the café, she discovers a completely new rhythm of life. The small and cosy café couldn't be more different that her latest workplace. Soon though, she becomes attuned to it and doesn't miss her old life any more. I especially enjoyed seeing how Rosie adapted to this new challenge and used her strength in the café. The book was full of twists, turns and surprises. There were some secrets kept and while I guessed the one kept by Maria, this of Rosie's broke me. It explained a lot, why she was so cautious about relationships and why she wanted to focus on her career, and it really was breaking my heart because she deserved so much more after what she has experienced.

From about the 50% mark onwards the book was impossible to put down, as I was already engrossed with the characters, and the story just seemed to ramp up as it progressed. I was loving the warmth and vitality that the author brings to her characters, and just stepping into this novel felt like a comforting hug. At least for a while. Rosie's emotional chaos regarding him was just ugh and weird to read at times. I don't like when problems are just based on interrupted attempts of clarification. By main character not listening or stupid dogs doing stupid distracting things. So that reduced the potentially cute love story a lot.Also, I don't get why did Maria lie about her husband to the guy she said she loves. And fake a whole identity but decided to reveal only when proposed. You didn't trust the guy or your family earlier? You were lying the whole time, and you assumed ur husband dead till that very moment so why reveal? Just to add element of unnecessary tension to the story.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment