276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lock Every Door

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Although I didn’t guess the ending, I did not find it believable. How many times can you almost escape? Also, how do you not set off any alarms?

RT @ TheMysterious: We’re making plans to head out to @ HamptonsWhodun next month, Long Island’s exciting new crime fiction festival. Se… https://t.co/ra7RPgf7Fv Mar 30, 2023, 6:13 PM She's fascinating in the same way tornadoes are fascinating. You want to see how much they're going to spin.” The people from Bartholomew wants Jules to find Ingrid, but they stop her. It doesn't make any sense. It is a creepy and addictive read. As usual, Sager approaches the “over-the-top” believability factor, but, for some reason, with Sager, you just let it slide. It is so much more fun just to go along with him! I love the NYC setting and the characters to root for. Of course, a satisfying ending for us! All in all, a fantastic beach read!

Navigate

They are also known as sliding bolts, as they feature a single bolt attached to the door, which slides across to fit snugly into a catch that is screwed onto the doorframe. You can buy these in various sizes; the small ones are common for internal doors, whereas larger, more robust barrel bolts are usually reserved for external doors or gates.

I would like to thank NetGalley and Ebury Press (Fiction) for a free, electronic ARC of this novel received in exchange for an honest review! No visitors. No nights spent away from the apartment. No disturbing the other residents, all of whom are rich or famous or both. These are the only rules for Jules Larsen’s new job as an apartment sitter at the Bartholomew, one of Manhattan's most high-profile and mysterious buildings. Recently heartbroken and just plain broke, Jules is taken in by the splendor of her surroundings and accepts the terms, ready to leave her past life behind.So beginning is great, middle of the still good but ending ERRRRRR: You gave the wrong answer and you disqualified! This book has no idea what it wants to be. Is it a ghost story? A murder mystery? By the end, did I even care? No. No I didn't. The book was suspenseful, creepy, thrilling, and mysterious. Great characters with plenty of development in what was a relatively short book. And, as mentioned above, I loved the ending and I DID NOT SEE IT COMING! My guesses were not even close. I love a book where when you finally get to the resolution, you are like “OH DANG!” About this book. Yeah, well, it’s great. I have a very good overall opinion about it and I am very happy that I had the opportunity to read it earlier as planned.

No visitors. No nights spent away from the apartment. No disturbing the other residents, all of whom are rich or famous or both. These are the only rules for Jules Larsen’s new job as an apartment sitter at the Bartholomew, one of Manhattan’s most high-profile and mysterious buildings. Recently heartbroken and just plain broke, Jules is taken in by the splendor of her surroundings and accepts the terms, ready to leave her past life behind. Nolan, Tom (2019-06-28). "Mysteries: The Sudden Vacancies Down the Hall". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660 . Retrieved 2020-09-09.

4. Lever Handle Locks

As she gets to know the residents and staff of the Bartholomew, Jules finds herself drawn to fellow apartment sitter Ingrid, who comfortingly, disturbingly reminds her of the sister she lost eight years ago. When Ingrid confides that the Bartholomew is not what it seems and the dark history hidden beneath its gleaming facade is starting to frighten her, Jules brushes it off as a harmless ghost story—until the next day, when Ingrid disappears. Jules’ attempts to uncover the truth behind these mysteries, as she investigates the building’s dark history, keep readers engaged and invested in the unfolding story.

Overall, this was a fun reading experience for the most part. This was my second book by the author, and I feel like he has a very captivating writing style that not only keeps you on your toes with guessing, but makes it almost impossible to not read his book in one sitting, because you never want to put it down.

6. Chain Locks

In this new mystery thriller book, Kit McDeere has taken a position as a home health aid for Lenora Hope who was accused of murdering her whole family years before. With no evidence, Lenora was never convicted and has lived in her home without leaving all this time. Lenora can only move her one finger and communicates with a typewriter. stars rounded up as I did want to see it through to the end and find out how all this weirdness played out, although it was anticlimactic :( No visitors. No nights spent elsewhere. No disturbing the rich and famous residents. These are the rules for Jules Larsen’s new job apartment sitting at the Bartholomew, one of Manhattan’s most high-profile buildings. Recently heartbroken—and just plain broke—Jules is taken in by the splendor and accepts the terms, ready to leave her past life behind. The theme of mystery and suspense keeps readers engaged and captivated as they try to piece together the secrets and uncover the truth within the story. It creates an atmosphere of tension and anticipation, driving the narrative forward. Soon, she begins hearing strange noises and tales of mysterious deaths and hauntings. When an apartment sitter Jules befriends goes missing, she discovers this wasn’t the first sitter to mysteriously disappear, and she goes in search for answers. Answers that turn out to be far more sinister than she could have imagined.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment