276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Secret Midwife: Life, Death and the Truth about Birth

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That's not true at all and could be potentially dangerous advice if someone at that stage read this and thought it was ok their baby wasn't moving as much as normal and didn't get checked.

The Secret Midwife by Soraya M. Lane | Goodreads

Atmiņā atsauca stāstu par skudru, kura strādāja un pamazām tai apkārt tika audzēts administratīvais personāls, jo kādam taču jāuzrauga un jāskaita, kā skudra strādā, bet tad sāka aptrūkties naudas, jātaupa līdzekļi. The author takes us back to her first days with labouring women, and some of the most memorable births she has assisted with. I know that some of it because public authorities do not provide enough parking areas for them which they should, these people are British and entitled to have places to live that fit in with their community. The second half of the book describes how the maternity unit is often (as all NHS staff are) understaffed, over worked and under appreciated, making for a very stressed place to work. This dual-timeline story goes back and forth between her experiences in the war, and the future time when she finally is ready to recount her experience.This read is very disturbing reading of the complete disregard for human life as well as thought provoking. I am a veteran of the health care industry and would caution anyone not believing her account or not taking it seriously.

The Secret Midwife: Life, Death and the Truth about Birth The Secret Midwife: Life, Death and the Truth about Birth

She went off with her husband's best friend (who was also not charged) and was now in hospital giving birth. In her Author’s Notes, Soraya says the the characters of Emilia, Aleksy and Lena will stay with her for a very long time. However, a year ago Philippa, 35, began to show signs of stress: bursting into tears for no reason, fearful to leave the house and dogged by debilitating insomnia.

Having been recently widowed and age getting the best of her at times, Emilia decides to tell her story for the first time. MS Lane has taken historical facts and turned them into a heart-breaking and heart-felt story of determination, strength and courage as we learn about the midwife, Emilia in Auschwitz who with the help of Aleksy and Lena saved hundreds of lives, make sure you have a box of tissues while reading. Never, ever discount the effects of a single person doing what they can under extreme circumstances. The author did a great job of providing a window into this brutal history, and am empathetic look at what many suffered through.

The Secret Midwife by The Secret Midwife, Katy Weitz

As the spirited grandchild, growing up I was always expected to take up medicine and become the first doctor in the family. Let mothers birth their child and immediately be gassed, or secretly abort the child in hopes the mother might survive the horrors? Northern-based Philippa – not her real name – also told how she became so anxious about infecting her family that she was scared to hug her six-year-old daughter.

We see the constant battle both the midwife and the birthing mothers fought - shame at experiencing fleeting moments of happiness bombarded with the stark reality of death.

The Secret Midwife : Lane, Soraya M., Knowelden, Elizabeth The Secret Midwife : Lane, Soraya M., Knowelden, Elizabeth

Soraya loves spending her days thinking up characters for books, and her home is a constant source of inspiration. First, I took out the antibacterial spray and wipes and wiped down the car seat, steering wheel, gear stick and the car handles. Our other main character is Alesky, a doctor, who is trying to keep his town safe from the Nazis by leading them to believe his town is in the midst of a typhus outbreak and helping any injured resistance members. Last week I had to help cover another midwife’s work and, as seems to be depressingly usual for me, I screwed something up. But stick with it through the horror and the hardships and get to the end you won't be disappointed.The Nottingham couple had a heartbreaking miscarriage before Ankita gave birth to baby Nyra three months ago. I can only imagine the emotional difficulty in writing this but these stories need to be told and Soraya did just that, brilliantly! This was due, in great part, to the NHS building up a vast bureaucracy of office functionaries and the budget therefore cut for the medical staff.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment