276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Witness

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you are new to the romance novel genre and not sure what author you’ll like, take a trip to your local library before buying the book. This will help you get an idea of the authors and their styles before you build your personal library up with the genre.

The novel also details the relationship between Detective Dallas and enigmatic wealthy Irish businessman Roarke, who is the primary suspect. The book was released to such glowing critical and commercial praise that the second novel, Glory in Death, was published only a few months after the initial publication of the first novel. The sophomore effort for the “In Death” series, Glory in Death, revolves around the murder of a prominent attorney for the District Attorney’s Office. In 1997, the author that was the cause of her being turned down by Harlequin Publishing in 1980, Janet Dailey admitted to plagiarizing numerous passages form many of Nora Roberts’ works. After a lawsuit was settled in her favor, she donated the entire proceeds to the Literacy Volunteers of America Foundation. The Witness features a Lisbeth Salander character, a woman on the run with a lot of money, a talent with computers, and a driving need for revenge. When Elizabeth Fitch was 16, a russian mob ruined her life on the one night that Elizabeth rebels from her mother’s strict rules. A prodigy, Elizabeth was driven by her mother to dress a certain way, read certain books, and be a neurosurgeon. There was no room for fun, friends, and boys. This book is for fans of quirky, independent women. It is for us geeks and smarties, for fans of sex-positive female characters. It is for lovers of romantic suspense that isn't overly dramatic.In the next scene, we get the clichéd Other Woman. The other woman is usually a beautiful blonde, and she is either a bitchy ex-wife, or a clinging ex-girlfriend who won't let go. In this case it's the clinging ex-girlfriend. I hate the beautiful blonde cliché. Being blond and beautiful does not make a woman evil. This is Nora Roberts' 200th book, but I had never read her before. I understand this is outside her normal formula to some degree. I loved it. A feel-good story, despite small-town thugs, big-city murder, corrupt FBI agents, and the Russian Mafia. Funny and intellectually engrossing. Erotic, too, with a few explicit sex scenes. An EXTRA STAR for a fantastic audiobook narration. I'm not sure this should had been such a winner for me just reading by myself. The young adult romance sub-genre is another popular read in the top-rated romance novels. These books often intertwine a young love story into the main storyline. “That Month in Tuscany” by Inglath Cooper is a whirlwind novel based on the attraction between a famous musician and a tired wife. These types of novels attract a wide audience with their characters and plots. Romantic suspense is usually based around a mystery and has thriller aspects to the storyline. Such as in “The Witness” by renowned author Nora Roberts, the main character is an elusive member of her community that poses a great mystery to the town. “Half Empty” (First Wives Book 2) by Catherine Bybee is another suspense romance that gives readers more than just a love story, but a crime story as well. These novels are both intriguing and captivating for their audiences and offer a multi-faceted storyline with romance as the base.

I agree with Jane that I don’t think that Abigail/Elizabeth had Aspberger’s – she was socially stunted and awkward – from her mother’s weired upbringing, her accelerated learning and her distance from people as she was on the run for 12 years. I loved Brooks – his affable charm was like the masculine version of the velvet steamroller.

Publication Order of Once Upon Books

This book has a great HEA where the girl gets the guy and the bad guys go down...but I was a little worried at the end...whew! She witnessed a double murder and became the key to taking down a powerful organized crime family. This led to witness-protection, and more murders, and then to a life on the run until we find her living as a hermit in the Ozarks.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment