276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Never Finished: Unshackle Your Mind and Win the War Within

£9.82£19.64Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Overall, a book I highly recommend if you want to read an inspirational story about a man who has faced many difficulties in life and has come out of it with determination and grit to tell his story. You’ll no doubt be motivated and inspired by David’s story and you’ll definitely have a spring in your step going forwards. David Goggins, you’ve done it again. Bravo. Can’t Hurt Me, David Goggins’ smash hit memoir, demonstrated how much untapped ability we all have but was merely an introduction to the power of the mind. In Never Finished, Goggins takes you inside his Mental Lab, where he developed the philosophy, psychology, and strategies that enabled him to learn that what he thought was his limit was only his beginning and that the quest for greatness is unending. I’d learned long ago that no matter what type of event or challenge I engage in, the only competition that ever matters is me against me.” Whatever your circumstances, whatever cards you were dealt know that it’s not your fault but it’s your responsibility. Complaining won't change anything, so accept your situation and get moving to improve it. It should be a nationwide requirement that before you graduate high school you must read this book and “Can’t Hurt Me”

This is not a self-help book"....except that's exactly what it's billed as and how people read it and HE KNEW THAT. It's also a bit of a pity party disguised as self-help. I mean...err..."a wake up call". Dislikes: Very similar to his first book (which I preferred), many aspects to his mindset are not relatable, repetitive, difficult listening at times as he seems to be an individual who enjoys punishing himself rather through working with and through his issues. Using pity for solace is not a good tactic. People who take comfort in other people pitying them are relying on external sources for comfort and reassurance. It's ultimately weakness. CAN’T HURT ME, David Goggins’ smash hit memoir, demonstrated how much untapped ability we have, but was merely an introduction to the power of the mind. In NEVER FINISHED, Goggins takes you inside his Mental Lab, where he developed the philosophy, psychology and strategies that enabled him to learn that what he thought was his limit was only his beginning and that the quest for greatness is unending.Still, a paragraph at the very end of the book totally changed the way I saw this book, for the better.

David Goggins delivers what is one of my favourite books of the year. ‘Can’t Hurt Me’ was a gem so I was curious to see what further value ‘Never Finished’ could provide. The answer was an abundance. David Goggins is a badass! A word I personally feel is too frequently and too casual offered as a descriptor but incredibly fitting here, talking about him. ⁣That’s how it works when you’re trying to change. The call to remain complacent will only from louder until you silence it with a pattern of behaviour that leaves no doubt about your mission.” (Pg. 142)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment