276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BI OBD Protector Anti-Theft Immobiliser for OBD Socket Cover for OBD Interface

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It has been well reported in the press and indeed on this forum that the Transit as a base vehicle is extremely easy to steal.

By simply programming a new key while sitting right in your car, a thief can be off in a matter of minutes. No software or coded equipment involved, therefore there is no possibility of thieves overcoming the system. Criminals found a black spot in the ultrasonic alarm system, allowing them to break a window and attach an OBD device without detection.If your car is still under warranty, it is best to check with the manufacturer that adding the device will not affect your cover. OBD locks come in different types, dependent on the type of access needed and the level of protection required. It’s pretty easy as they can gain access to the inside of the car by breaking a small section of the window and then plugging in a small device to the OBD port to reprogram the car’s computer. I recently bought a new van as my daily driver and being a transit, I was very worried about the security issues. More advanced thefts make use of electronics that can grab your key fob’s signal and code to be used to playback and unlock your doors easily.

A: Due to the special position and shape, plastic (diagnostic socket) and metal (OBD saver) form a firm connection. Also, check the videos linked below to a video by CBC Marketplace where they demo this key cloning through the OBD2 port. They know their stuff, including the popular compromise methods, and engineer their products to prevent them.This sounds the alarm and locks down the vehicle software for 10 minutes should an unauthorised device be attached to the OBD port.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment