276°
Posted 20 hours ago

How to Swear Around the World

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The mistakes in my native language made me doubt of the other translations of languages I'm not familiar with. Some taboo language is still strong language, even if we don’t think of it as ‘swearing’ – racial epithets, insults based on disabilities and sexual orientation – but some relates to things you avoid naming because of their power. But the other rudest words are saatana (Satan), perkele (devil – converted from the name of a pre-Christian thunder god), and helvetti (Hell). But men are also attached to their nurturing mothers (let’s just take the Freudian stuff as read, shall we? I bought this as a gift for my son who loves travelling and likes to try and pickup some of the language in the country his visiting.

Likewise, mental deficiency is widely looked down on, but while insults the equivalent of ‘idiot’ are common enough, it’s only in a culture such as Japanese that it makes one of the most popular ‘bad words’ ( baka). Bought this as a present for a glob-trotting relative who is always on tour as lighting director with his rock band. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.This hilarious set is ideal for any jet setter or anyone that wants to improve their language skills.

And in Rinconada Bikol, a language of the Philippines, buray ni nanya (mother’s vagina) is used commonly as we might use “Nuts!For more infomation please review our use of cookies in our Cookie Policy and then Accept and Close this bar. No missing or damaged pages, no creases or tears, no underlining or highlighting of text, and no writing in the margins. The set includes 100 of the best, weirdest, and most wonderfully rude words curated from around the world. You may utter the name of the male or female organ when irritated in China or Russia; in Italy, if someone cuts you off in traffic, you may shout “ che cazzo”, which could be translated as “What the cock! Keep yourself busy with 100 of the best, weirdest and most wonderful rude words we could find from around the world.

Please note that this just relates to gifts sent directly from Scribbler HQ and not those marked as being fulfilled by a partner supplier. Featuring dozens of different languages, the sayings range from everyday swears to family curses to x-rated encounters with animals. It’s not enough to feel strongly about something; it has to have a dominating societal power and control structure attached to it. Words for genitalia are the most common focus of preferred strong language, the kind used by default for Pinker’s five functions.

Strong language often involves naming things you desire but aren’t supposed to desire; at the very least, it aims to upset power structures that may seem a bit too arbitrary. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). Social control structures differ somewhat from country to country, but they are, after all, developed by the same human animal on the same planet. In southern Africa, some cultures have a ‘respect’ speech that is imposed on women in regard to their in-laws: for instance, their father-in-law’s name is taboo, as is any word that sounds like it – but that doesn’t turn the father-in-law’s name into an expletive they shout when they hurt themselves.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment