276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Godox PRO Multifunctional S-Type Bracket Bowens Mount Holder for Speedlite Flash Snoot Softbox

£45.495£90.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Bowens speedring adapter: two parts 1) the speed ring (with the copper colored screwie things) which will take the softbox 2) the interchangeble ring (in this picture with Bowens S mount) Connects to the rear of standard Speedring adapters speedrings including INTERFIT, PROFOTO RFI, PHOTTIX and many more Bowens was certainly struggling and in June 2016, the German investment company AURELIUS bought Bowens. The following year, in July 2017, Bowens went into liquidation and AURELIUS closed it down completely shortly thereafter. We’ve heard nothing from them until now. So Where Does WEX Photographic Fit Into All of This?

But unfortunately, I also think this proliferation of the S-Fit was ultimately one of the causes of their downfall. Before long, competitively priced Chinese strobe companies like Godox began manufacturing S-Fit strobes that were good enough for all to use and at a price point to see them sideline the bigger Bowens. For example, they have to buy other photographic lighting heads like Profoto and then mark up the price to resell them. Whereas this is not the case with their new Bowens own brand. Rotolight’s industry-first SmartSoft technology was first revealed in the flagship Rotolight Titan X2 and X1 lights and has been used on numerous feature films and by leading photographers around the world. The new SmartSoft Box, is the world’s first intelligent softbox, offering users the ability to focus and spread light without the need for gels or additional modifiers. ENDLESS LIGHT SHAPING POSSIBILITES: The Forza 60 is directly compatible with a purpose-built line of Forza 60 light modifiers, while the included Bowens S-Mount adapter expands compatibility to a massive selection of light modifiers, including but not limited to Nanlite's line of full-sized softboxes and umbrellas. It looks like I got 9.9 mm for the height of the lug, where you got 9.7. I think that's where the difference lies. I have scrape marks across the top of it where I forced it to go on. All of them are like within .05 of each other.Years ago I worked in a very busy studio that probably saw 1000 photo shoots a year go through its doors. Each of those shoots involved around 150-300 photos and every single one of those photos needed a flash. So if we say every shoot was around 200 shots on average, that studio took 200,000 flash photos a year. The studio had 5 Bowens flash heads and whilst I worked there nearly 7 years I don’t even recall replacing the flash tubes…. and the Bowens heads were there before I got there! By mounting your Bowens S-Type lighting equipment on the wall, you can free up valuable floor space in your studio. This helps create a more organized and efficient working environment, making it easier to move around and set up additional equipment. Take the Nanlite Forza 60's power and versatility to a new level with the included Forza 60 Battery Grip. By no longer relying on light stands for support, the Forza 60 can now be used anywhere and everywhere, perfect for run and gun filmmaking, creative effects and event photography. Bowens as a company was founded in 1923 and by the 1950s it was one of the largest of its kind in Europe. The company saw great success for many years and was well known for producing incredibly reliable and durable studio lighting heads that were the workhorse of many a busy studio.

Godox is the chosen production partner but the new gear will be produced to the pre-existing Bowens specifications.’ Sony NP-F Style (Via BH-FZ60 Battery Grip) Battery Included: No Battery Required: No Charge Time to Full (Hours): Battery Dependant Charge Time to 80% (Hours): Battery Dependant Runtime @ 100% Brightness (Hours): 14.8V Sony V-Mount 150WH: 1.83 hours In the past, I was a major part of Team Bowens which essentially means I would test their new products, write articles for them and provide training to the public as well as their distributors around the globe. But that affiliation abruptly ended when Bowens went into liquidation in 2017. I know there was a lot of anger at the time from employees both here and in China regarding the abrupt Bowens closure, but I can only say that I received all the money I was owed for the work I provided for them, therefore I can’t comment on that. My point here is that I have no ill will towards them.

Is there any difference between Bowens 'S-fit' and Bowens 'Speed ring'

The Forza 60 is directly compatible with a purpose-built line of Forza 60 light modifiers, while the included Bowens S-Mount adapter expands compatibility to a massive selection of light modifiers, including but not limited to Nanlite's line of full-sized softboxes and umbrellas. So what’s changed now? Well, WEX state here that the new Bowens XMT heads will not be made in the old Bowens factory (presumably that no longer exists) but instead the XMT specs will now be built in the Godox factory. It’s a small difference and it could mean nothing at all. But time will tell if the more consistent XMT head was due to its specifications or a slightly tighter quality assurance in the older Bowens factory. Peace of Mind Connects to the umbrella/softbox side of standard speedrings including INTERFIT, PROFOTO RFI, PHOTTIX and many more, placing the light inside your modifier ENDLESS LIGHT SHAPING POSSIBILITES: The Forza 60B is directly compatible with a purpose-built line of Forza 60 light modifiers, while the included Bowens S-Mount adapter expands compatibility to a massive selection of light modifiers, including but not limited to Nanlite's line of full-sized softboxes and umbrellas. The brightness of a light is important, but without colour accuracy, a ton of time and money will be lost in post-production. The Forza 60 features a CRI of 98 and a TLCI of 95 meaning you can shoot with confidence knowing the colour reproduction will be precise.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment