276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Where Eagles Dare

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Make sure that you give it a chance because as I said it is slow to start up, which is the reason I only gave it 4 stars, but I guarantee it is worth your time. A team of British Special Forces commandos parachutes into the high peaks of the Austrian Alps with the mission of stealing into an invulnerable alpine castle—accessible only by aerial gondola—the headquarters of Nazi intelligence.

Where Eagles Dare by Alistair MacLean | Goodreads

Smith and Schaffer sneak into the hall of the Schloss Adler, where they find General Carnaby being interrogated by a German general.He permits Turner to jump out of the plane to his death to avoid being tried for treason and executed. As Turner debriefs Smith about the mission, Smith reveals that Kramer named Turner as Germany's top agent in Britain. This is a clean easily assimilated adventure story suited to the minds and attitude of teenage boys emerging from a youth spent reading the adventures of comic heroes Batman and Superman. The Germans have shot down and captured General George Carnaby, one of the planners of the upcoming D-Day invasion.

Books | The Guardian I capture the castle | Books | The Guardian

Burton approached producer Elliott Kastner "and asked him if he had some super-hero stuff for me where I don't get killed in the end. Când ești înconjurat de sute de soldați nemți, oare chiar poți să te plimbi cu atâta siguranță în uniforma lor și să fii ironic? They jump out into the snow when the Germans finally break down the cable car station doors and stop their descent.

Sunt conștientă că sunt soldați și că au avut parte de antrenamente intense, dar autorul a uitat că sunt și oameni, că simt durerea și că nu pot să își țină echilibrul pe acoperișul înghețat al unei telecabine, în mijlocul unei furtuni de zăpadă, după ce au fost împușcați și fugăriți timp de aproape 24 de ore. Heidi has arranged for Mary, posing as her cousin Maria, to work temporarily at the castle so the commandos can gain access. Years after its debut, Where Eagles Dare enjoys a reputation as a classic [4] and is considered by many as one of the best war films of all time. Burton's star power was sliding at the time of the film and he wanted an action film along the lines of Maclean's bestseller and hit movie, The Guns of Navarone. Kastner and co-producer Jerry Gershwin announced in July 1966 that they had purchased five MacLean scripts, starting with Where Eagles Dare and When Eight Bells Toll.

Where Eagles Dare : Brian G. Hutton, Alistair MacLean 1968 Where Eagles Dare : Brian G. Hutton, Alistair MacLean

When psychological profiler Tony Hill comes across a series of suicides among women tormented by vicious online predators, he begins to wonder if there is more to these tragedies than meets the eye. A team of 6 British special forces headed by Major John Smith and one American Lieutenant Morris Schaffer were airdropped behind enemy lines to rescue an US Army General George Carnaby having secret with him about D-day plan, he who had crash landed and is in the custody of Germans in an impregnable fortress, an inaccessible eyrie set between mountain and sky, Schloss Adler. Eastwood initially thought the script written by MacLean was "terrible" and was "all exposition and complications.During the filming of Where Eagles Dare, Richard Burton was apparently putting away four bottles of vodka a day, and at one point went awol on a Paris drinking binge with Peter O’Toole and Richard Harris.

Where Eagles Dare: The classic World War II thriller from the

Burton later said, "I decided to do the picture because Elizabeth's two sons said they were fed up with me making films they weren't allowed to see, or in which I get killed. I gobbled his books in high school - I remember when The Eagle Has Landed was all the big rage and I read it, sure, like everyone else, but Alistair had me hooked and I ploughed through his entire oeuvre (or at least as much as our high school library budget allowed) during one year.A weak but beautiful love interest, Mary, who seems a bit more nervous than you might expect in a supposed top MI6 agent.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment