276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Too Many Reasons to Live: My Incredible Story

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Unai Emery shares touching moment with Dean Smith and tells the ex-Aston Villa boss 'thank you for everything' as they reflect on club's form

Rob Burrow is one of the greatest rugby league players of all time. And the most inspirational. As a boy, Rob was told he was too small to play the sport. Even when he made his debut for Leeds Rhinos, people wrote him off as a novelty. But Rob never stopped proving people wrong. During his time at Leeds, for whom he played almost 500 games, he won eight Super League Grand Finals, two Challenge Cups and three World Club Challenges. He also played for his country in two World Cups. Even when I remember the shimmering blue streak of Burrow in that 2011 Grand Final, and contrast it silently with the motionless man in the damaged shell of his body, Rob and Lindsey offer a fresh perspective. Lindsey tells me about Dr Agam Jung, the neurologist at the Leeds Clinic which helps him. In Rob’s book, Dr Jung explains that her MND patients want “to find peace in their heads”. She says their acceptance of death means that “our clinic is not morbid or morose. It’s a happy place.” I only hope that there are ghosts so I can watch my family grow up and still protect them Rob Burrow As a lifelong Leeds Rugby League supporter, this book was a must read for me. But, on a more human level, this book was again a must read for me. WhenPrepare for another winter World Cup! Premier League set to be forced into another winter break when Saudi Arabia hosts in 2034 to avoid summer temperatures of 43C

Arsene Wenger claims Man United have lost their 'quality, confidence and spirit' after Man City's 3-0 derby win - and admits he feels sorry for Red Devils This is the story of a tiny kid who adored rugby league but never should have made it – and ended up in the Leeds hall of fame. It's the story of a man who resolved to turn a terrible predicament into something positive – when he could have thrown the towel in. Far more than a sports memoir, Too Many Reasons to Live is a story of boundless courage and infinite kindness. Raheem Sterling and Cole Palmer tussle over penalty in clash with Arsenal... but it's the former Man City academy startlet who wins the ball!One of his autobiography’s central themes is how Rob was doubted for so long by people who thought he was far too small to make it in rugby league. Of course, in later years, his speed, intelligence and bravery made such doubts redundant. “I played to my strengths,” Rob explains. “I had speed and agility. I didn’t try to be anything I wasn’t. I never had any doubts. I’m tougher than I look.” Can you recognise the Premier League star all dressed up for Halloween with his girlfriend? After a VERY scary Saturday for his club

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment