276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Feathers in the Snow (Modern Plays)

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As Tommy tried to decipher whether the phrase “one of mine” was something he should be concerned about, everything around him sunk into an abyss of darkness. The lively garden, with its kaleidoscope of colors and gentle rustling of leaves, abruptly vanished as if swallowed by an ethereal shadow.

Kristin let out a light, melodic laugh, her eyes twinkling with amusement. “Absolutely. Are you ready?” Feathers is a children's historical novel by Jacqueline Woodson that was first published in 2007. The story is about a sixth-grade girl named Frannie growing up in the '70s. One day an unexpected new student causes much chaos to the class because he is the only white boy in the whole school. Feathers grapples with concepts such as religion, race, hope, and understanding. The book examines what it was like to grow up right after segregation had been outlawed, how all people are equal, and that hope is everywhere. The book was a Newbery Honor winner in 2008. [1] Summary [ edit ]Ah, so you have a preference for something sweeter?” Phil queried, reaching into his bag to pull out a white silk pouch adorned with intricate golden patterns. He loosened the sturdy cord that kept it closed, positioning it in the middle of the table. The sides of the pouch relaxed onto the table, revealing a small pile of chocolates sitting invitingly in the middle of the cloth. It tells of the pangs of heartbreak, psychological trauma, famine, falsehood and the death and desolation of war. It gives us the creation of new kings and new countries, reflects the real world with an arms race and wars over religion or to distract a nation from domestic problems and unite its people, plus the conflicting histories of both sides. All these things are part of a swift-moving story that is under-laid by a need for a home and happiness and a longing for peace and beauty.

Sean: Frannie’s older brother who is deaf. He is very smart, good-looking, and athletic. He struggles with the fact that girls like him until they discover he cannot hear. He also wishes to go to the other side of the bridge.

Join our email club...

The young girl shook her head earnestly. “We just met yesterday. He was scared that Mom and Dad might not let him hide because I didn’t know him, so I told him my name, and he told me his. Now we’re friends! I didn’t want anyone to find him. It must be scary to play hide and seek when you have wings.”

The air was still, and Tommy hadn’t moved. There was no reason for his cloak to twitch, right? He could blame it on magic, but even then, it seemed like an odd manifestation of magical powers. The feathers twitched again. This was more than Tommy had signed up for. Yes, it was cold, and a cloak was undoubtedly better than nothing... but dealing with a self-moving one was beyond his current mental capability. Tommy had just been raised from the dead on a brand-new world. Even the biggest of men had limits! Ms. Johnson: The sixth-grade teacher who inspires Frannie to work on her writing. She is supportive and encouraging to the students, and allows the students to be themselves. She is strict but productive.The effort to understand one another was the focus of the sixth grade class as soon as Jesus Boy entered their classroom. Through Jesus Boy they realize that even the bully, Trevor, is a normal kid. After the fight Frannie realizes "Even though he was mean all the time, the sun still stopped and colored him and warmed him─like it did to everybody else" (p.21) Another cut? They're going to need three days of shooting if they proceed at this speed…" Dominique appeared behind Veronica, glancing outside the window.

Trevor: The bully of the sixth grade. He especially hates Jesus Boy because he is the only one lighter-skinned than Trevor. Since Jesus Boy will not identify with being white, Trevor turns upon him. I can’t return you. Unfortunately, there’s no way to determine your origin... as for ‘getting rid’ of you... no. There’s no need to eradicate you... just recalibrate you. Not set on being dead, are you?” The chocolate managed to warm up John to the core, and he sat with his wife on a garden bench, cuddled against each other.Isn’t it somewhat odd, handing out food to teenagers you just met?” Tommy countered, tone wary, despite his attempt to sound casual. Phil gazed at his new son, his mind a whirlwind of confusion and distress. How could he rectify this misunderstanding when he didn’t know where he had faltered? His silence seemed to amplify Tommy’s anxiety. The boy was physically recoiling now, his eyes darting around nervously. Phil felt a pang of despair. What could he say to reassure his child? Well, I’m not entirely sure. I haven’t been caught yet, but if I were to guess? I think I’d have to hand over my feathers.” As Tommy shivered this time, it was less from the frigid cold and more from the unsettling thought. He nestled into the corner farthest from the windows, pulling the stolen blanket even closer around him.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment