276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Patient

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, the author also examines some hard truths about institutions that rely on funding, which leads to money and power taking precedent over the welfare and health of the patients. Adding in yet another rich layer is the unique and quite interesting mythological parallel woven into the story. Stream It Or Skip It: ‘Master Gardener’ on Hulu, Another Subtly Sinister Drama From Master Storyteller Paul Schrader

The psychological thriller, streaming exclusively on Hulu, follows therapist Alan Strauss (Steve Carell), who’s kidnapped and held prisoner by his patient, Sam Fortner ( Domnhall Gleeson). After Sam reveals he’s a serial killer, he asks Alan to help him shake his murderous compulsion. Yikes. She was a statue; a Greek goddess come to life in my hands.” ~ “He looked like a Greek statue” ~ “the actress playing Alcestis looked like a Greek statue” ~ “my fate was already decided—like in a Greek tragedy” ~ “Casting herself as a tragic heroine”. Theo finds himself connecting with Alicia and feeling a desperate need to figure out why she did it. And, what's more, he wants to figure out why she is silent. What can't she say? What won't she say? The more he digs into her life, her family, and her past, the deeper in he gets. I remember having an entrancing discussion about this book with one of my friends who is a Psychiatrist in D.C. We concluded that we should not be pedantic about it and leave it alone as just another painfully didactic fiction which came in the disguise of a psychological thriller. Stream It Or Skip It: 'Christmas in Notting Hill' on Hallmark, in Which Soccer, Love, and London CollideI’ve read a few books this year by former GPs, and they all make me grateful not to be one any more - then it occurred to me that contented current doctors are too busy to write books, so I’m probably getting a skewed perspective. I do like the accuracy that medical authors bring to scene-setting and plot details. Friends often ask if I’ve thought about writing a book myself, but I like reading and reviewing too much, and besides - I have no imagination!

Filming began in mid-January 2022 in Los Angeles. [9] [5] Reception [ edit ] Audience viewership [ edit ] Alicia Berenson is such a mysterious, intriguing character and I was trying to figure her out the entire novel. I kept asking myself, " What is up with Alicia?"She is a famous, talented painter and happily married to her husband, Gabriel. They live in London and have a cozy life. And when a secret is exposed, they’re both in the firing line. He's not only her patient but a neighbour too and there's a very tangled web to uncover. The book is told from Rachel's perspective and flits between the present and the past and flows perfectly. I loved In late 1926, Agatha's husband, Archie, revealed that he was in love with another woman, Nancy Neele, and wanted a divorce. On 8 December 1926 the couple quarreled, and Archie Christie left their house, Styles, in Sunningdale, Berkshire, to spend the weekend with his mistress at Godalming, Surrey. That same evening Agatha disappeared from her home, leaving behind a letter for her secretary saying that she was going to Yorkshire. Her disappearance caused an outcry from the public, many of whom were admirers of her novels. Despite a massive manhunt, she was not found for eleven days. Sparks fly in more ways than one with far-reaching consequences, especially as Luc is arrested for the murder of one of her colleagues.

Need Help?

Wow, thank you to HarperCollins UK, HarperFiction and Netgalley for the invitation to read The Patient. What a treat. There were plenty of dramatic and over-the-top statements and or phrases that really ruined potentially significant scenes and or somber moments of contemplation: The novel is narrated by Alicia's psychotherapist Theo Faber, He is determined to " fix Alicia". I was so invested in learning what the circumstances of Alicia's silence was and had to find out if Theo could save her. Would she ever speak again? READ IT NOW to find out! There were neurosurgeons in Boston who were testing robots to be used in brain surgery. The CIA felt that this would be the next target for Malloche and were determined to locate him there bef

Chris Evans' Dog Adorably Interrupts His Interview With 'The View': "He Needs To Be The Center Of Attention" Stream It Or Skip It: 'Christmas at the Chalet' on Lifetime, Where Divorcée Teri Hatcher Explores Love, Purpose, and Skiing in AspenThe characters were kind of flat to me. I think part of my opinion on them is tainted by the fact that I just finished another thriller, The Whisper Man. In that one, the characters are much more dynamic and the relationships are much more interesting. Despite some twisting and turning, the relationships here are plain vanilla and a bit predictable. Three stars from me means I believe the author has achieved all they set out to, but that I personally didn’t fall in love with the book. Stephen Colbert Forced To Cancel 'The Late Show' This Week After Undergoing Surgery For Ruptured Appendix

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment