276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Submarine: Original

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This Yellow Submarine Vinyl storage crate measures 45.72cm (width), 34.62cm (depth) and 24.13cm (height) I remember being very disappointed that Capitol Records included George Martin's music from the film. Beatlemaniacs hadn't been so ripped off since the album "Help!". I'm talking about the american version here. The Parlophone "Help" was a solid album, but Capitol's "Help!" was half Beatles and half George Martin film music. Nothing against the genius that is George Martin, but Beatle fans buy Beatle albums to hear Beatles' music, get it? Vinyl collection getting out of control? Impress your mates with this crate-digging stylish storage solution. This sunny Yellow Submarine wooden record crate holds between 40 and 75 albums and has handy integrated carry handles. However, If it mentions EMI Records Ltd, "Marketed and distributed by EMI. Printed In The EU. UK " after it, it's pressed at Optimal in Germany and is a EU/UK pressing and should be listed as that version.

Submarine (2012, 180 Gram, Vinyl) - Discogs Yellow Submarine (2012, 180 Gram, Vinyl) - Discogs

By the time the film "Yellow Submarine" came out, I was fairly tired of the song "Yellow Submarine". It's a cute song with clever sound effects. But not great Beatles' music.However, I’m glad it was cheap because this is a record I will never listen to again. The stereo mix is absolute garbage and undermines the pure power these songs have. Harry Moss cant save the pure shit that is the stereo mix. You can’t even get the mono pressing either since it’s literally this but folded down. Yep, Northern Song’s fake stereo mix got folded down into a fake mono mix for the official release. Can’t make this shit up. It’s good to have this so I can proudly put it in my Mono box alongside my NM UK 1st copies of Abbey Road and Let it Be Baby You're A Rich Man" shares the same fate as "Hey! Bulldog" -- it's an underrated gem of a Lennon song. Then again, Beatle fans already had this song, too, from "Magical, Mystery Tour". I count six good songs out of the fifteen offered on the CD release. As I have said, the Capitol album is truly anemic, as it has but one good song, "Hey! Bulldog". Label have “An E.M.I. Recording” text on two lines and “Sold In U.K. subject to resale price conditions, see price lists” text. All You Need is Love", "When I'm 64", even "Nowhere Man", in my opinion, are all overrated Beatle songs that I am pretty much done with.

The Beatles – Yellow Submarine (1969, Vinyl) - Discogs The Beatles – Yellow Submarine (1969, Vinyl) - Discogs

Our full range of studio equipment from all the leading equipment and software brands. Guaranteed fast delivery and low prices.

Marketplace

Harrison's psychedelic trips, "Only a Northern Song" and "It's All Too Much" have some hippy dippy appeal to me, but neither are great songs.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment