276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Corsair HX850 850 W Full Modular 80 Plus Platinum 135 mm Fan ATX Power Supply Unit - Black

£79.975£159.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So the choices fell on those 3-4 psu options ( hx850 included for ~180e), not that I would be against any other better options under 200 euros... I'm not particulary interested in the digital HXi line, I'm more an analog dude (set it up and forget it). Mainboard - Bo Mạch Chủ Intel Z790 ( mới ) Intel B760 ( Mới ) AMD X670 ( mới ) AMD B650 ( mới ) Intel H610m ( mới ) Intel B660 Intel Z690 Intel X AMD TRX40 HUANANZHI Intel LGA 3647

The HXi platform (imo) is a bit old and probably needs a slight "refresh", at least when in comes to the cables and the volt. regulations at +12v. ( Yes I know that Mr. Gerow said that its furthest down the line to get a "facelift" and I know I'm not competent enough to judge it)As for the AX titanium line which is a modified SS prime platform - I never suggested that it's better even though it is considered and offered at a premium price. The current BQ models are also out of the question since the only offer 5 years warranty (+ other models perform and/or are designed better) Are there any other models from other OEMs/brands in this price range <200 euros (even if the market is kind f-ed now) which are comparable quality-wise and also when it comes to silence? I know it's basically a very close call - the Corsair works within tighter specs while the FD ion+ is somewhat quieter due to a "better" (arguably) FDB fan and has better/more flexible cables. CPU - Bộ Vi Xử Lý CPU AMD CPU Intel CPU Intel 14th ( mới ) CPU Intel 13th ( mới ) CPU Intel 12th CPU Intel Xeon CPU AMD 7000 Series

Also I know that the RMX and HX are based on the same platform ("but slightly modified") and that Mr. Gerow considers the HX(i) to be the "Corsair's best model" (or best feature-/design-wise), ofc not counting the AX- line since it is a modified SS platform (and that perhaps the fan used was not to Mr. Gerow's liking - damn those HH fans fitting the AX case and not the Corsairs FDB ones ). Not that efficiency should be a primary concern when purchasing a PSU. What you want is enough power to handle the loads you'll be giving it without stressing components to a premature death(as in be able to handle 50-60% or more for the long run). And/or a PSU with high enough quality components to handle being stressed to near max output capacity for extended periods without resulting in premature death(if you insist on going the "barely enough" route). Which one of these 2 would be the better overall option when it comes to build quality (reliability) & silence, while also avoiding the coil whine "lottery"? If not, would the HX1000 be a more "safer option" and does the price tag justify its quality? (not the current price tag but overall, since the market is f-ed anyways) The +12V rails can deliver up to 40A each in multi-rail mode. According to Corsair, each individual connector has over-current protection, so no more than 40A goes through any given cable.Like I've mentiond I am not interested in the digital versions even though I could set up the fan curve manually, because I find the prices a bit "too premium".

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment