276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Curse of Shadows and Thorns: A Dark Fantasy Romance (The Broken Kingdoms Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She lifted her chin, voice low. “I grow so weary of pretentious kings thinking they have a say in my life. Consider me no longer your burden to bear. My fate is mine.”

She’s the only hope to break a curse on Legion, whom is handsome, dark and mysterious. She falls in love with him and finds out he may not be who he appears to be. When her uncle holds the life of her deathly-ill father over her head, reluctantly, Elise puts her fate into the hands of Legion Grey, the handsome and mysterious dowry negotiator. He may be arrogant and infuriating, but soon Legion incites a blistering, forbidden passion she can’t ignore. Feeling Trapped or Hindered: The cursed person may experience a sense of being trapped or hindered in various aspects of life. They may encounter obstacles or face repeated failures in their personal or professional endeavors, feeling as though they are unable to progress or break free from a cycle of negativity. And while this story is interesting (and the audio good enough), I’m not yet sold on this series nor the author’s talent of storytelling. It was a bit slow going tbh. Of course, with me having read the spin-off first, the big plot twist came as no surprise to me but I tried to not let it influence my judgement.

Publication Order of Broken Kingdom: Ever Seas Books

The worldbuilding also seems strange. I still don’t think I fully understand how the Fae and their magic tie into the story or how their magic works. A lot of their history is told, not shown through actual “history lessons” disguised as journal entries. And all I can see when I read the word Ettan is two headed giants, not people who have magic. The name of magic is also called fury but then it is given multiple other names and it becomes blurry.

In its intricate tapestry of darkness and redemption, The Curse of Shadows and Thorns continues to captivate audiences, inviting them to explore the depths of human emotions, the potential for change, and the enduring triumph of light over darkness. The Curse of Shadows and Thorns Elise, now trapped by her sense of duty, is given to the charge of Legion Grey, the mysterious and handsome dowry negotiator. However Legion holds much more than just her future in his hands. He incites a forbidden passion as well as her anger. Elise flees with Legion after this coup upends the entire kingdom, just to learn that he holds more secrets than anybody. Elise unknowingly sets in motion a beastly curse that Legion has endured for as long as he’s able to remember. The plot remains too predictable even for my taste of reading the same tropes over and over, that it almost feels childish how predictable the “twist” was. Protective Talismans: Wearing or carrying protective talismans is believed to shield against negative influences. Talismans can include items such as crystals, amulets, or symbols associated with protection and warding off dark energies. Choose talismans that resonate with you personally and hold significance in your spiritual or cultural context. Una de las cosas más destacadas es que el libro tiene muchísima acción desde el principio, algo que te mantiene enganchada a la lectura, a querer descubrir más tanto sobre los personajes, así como sobre la propia historia. No os diré que ha sido el libro más original que he leído, ya que tiene ciertas semejanzas a De sangre y cenizas pero aún así lo disfruté y me ha hecho pasar un buen rato, que es lo más importante.This book is what you get when you take a pinch of Viking lore and mix it with a dash of Beauty and the Beast. From an enjoyment point of view, I did like this but I wish this book was a little longer. It’s short, it’s been a long time since I’ve read a book this short… I think this is what kept it from being great and settling it on just good. There wasn’t enough put into the character development or plot to take it to that next level that it had the potential to be so it feels like it’s missing something. Breaking the Curse: As Elara delves into the heart of the curse, she confronts Lilith herself. Through an act of profound empathy and forgiveness, Elara shatters the sorceress’s hold over the curse. Lilith’s remorse triggers a cataclysmic release of the shadows and thorns, revealing the garden’s core of pure light. The curse is broken, and Elysia begins to bloom anew. L. J. loves to write in the morning before anybody’s awake, what with running a business, and eating way too much chocolate. Seek Divine Intervention: Depending on your spiritual beliefs, you may choose to seek the assistance of divine beings or deities associated with protection, healing, or banishing negative energies. Offer prayers, make offerings, or engage in rituals dedicated to these entities, seeking their intervention to help release you from the curse. What began as a jest with branches a few turns ago, had grown into a kind of weekly meet to fight, to be as our people—Timoran and Ettan alike—once were. Warriors.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment