276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dead to Me: Lesley Pearse

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Suzy Nakamura as Karen, Jen's neighbor, who is obsessed with protecting her house and preparing for the apocalypse. Jen and Judy organize a vigil for Steve to deflect suspicion, and Jen pressures Judy to break up with Michelle, due to her proximity to Detective Perez. At the vigil, Judy finds that Steve's fiancée Heidi is four months pregnant. Ben offers a substantial reward for news on Steve's disappearance, and later, Jen and Ben share a kiss. Charlie, who stops by to show his support, recognizes Steve's car in a slideshow of photographs from Steve's life.

When war engulfs the country - sending Ruby to Devon while Verity struggles to find a new beginning under a shadow from her past - the girls are convinced they will always be there for each other. There is a reversal of fortunes as Verity's stepfather turns out to be an embezzler and is seriously violent towards Verity. Verity and her mother need a roof over their heads and move in with an aunt. Ruby comes to find herself loved and cared for the first time in her life when she is sent to Devon to live with Wilby. Additionally, Ruby finds herself romantically involved and is happy. Verity and Ruby retain their friendship through letters and visits. They exchange confidences and secrets and cannot imagine their lives without each other. Until Verity finds herself in the position where she feels she has no choice but to betray Ruby. This leads Ruby to express the title of this book in a letter, you are dead to me, to Verity. With Britain being torn apart by war, will the two survive to be able reconcile? Initial thoughts: I'm a bit conflicted on this one. The plot was brilliant, yet the story was boring in places. I got a bit confused sometimes. The characters were flat. A great mystery/thriller in an awesome setting and time period though!

I just loved making friends with the people in this book. The main characters, some I wanted to hug, some I wanted to make a nice cup of tea, sit and natter with. And two I wanted to be a mum to. Lewis, Hillary (September 24, 2019). "Artios Awards: 'Succession,' 'Pose,' 'Dead to Me' Among Casting Society TV, Theater Nominees". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on January 3, 2020 . Retrieved February 2, 2020. Critics' Choice Awards 2020: Fleabag, Watchmen, When They See Us, Unbelievable Among TV Nominees". TVLine. December 8, 2019. Archived from the original on December 9, 2019 . Retrieved December 8, 2019.

She’s face-timing her Dad, all upset about a health issue of his, how it’s going to affect her, how much she will miss him, and on and on (since the majority is about her, not feeling for her too much). She says she has to go, he’s trying to say I love you, she hangs up in the middle, with ‘bye Dad’.

Retailers:

Now that I think about it, I’d like to have seen why exactly she left. I got the gist of it but with so many theories floating around it would’ve been great--coming from Annie herself--to know her motivations for leaving.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment