276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Premier Battery Operated Musical Parachuting Character

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’m very well looked after. I still go to Birmingham Limb Centre at Selly Oak, the West Midlands Rehabilitation Centre. The lead prosthetist is Andrew Sharpe, what a guy. I’m very grateful for the continued well wishes and support I get from the Birmingham community. Nigel Rogoff before he circumnavigated the UK by kayak and hand cycle. Photograph: Myung Jung Kim/PA Archive/PA Images He and his three team-mates hope to complete the challenge in around 50 days in aid of Row2Recovery, The British Limbless Ex-Servicemen’s Association, Help for Heroes and the Endeavour Fund.

He still has treatment with prosthesis expert Andrew Sharpe at Birmingham Limb Centre in Selly Oak and is looking forward to returning to Villa Park, hopefully at the start of April. I’ve been very well looked after at Birmingham Limb Centre at Selly Oak, the West Midlands Rehabilitation Centre. Please note that if an item is to be delivered by a pallet (the majority of heavier or larger items such as giant sleighs or commercial items) the pallet company will call you to book a delivery date. Pallet deliveries are to the kerbside only and estimated delivery is 3-5 business days. If you do miss your delivery, the courier will normally attempt delivery the next day or leave a card through your door so you can rearrange delivery on a day that is convenient for you.It’s many years since my injuries. I don’t dwell on it. It was a bad day at the office, I’ve always said that," he said. Rogoff, it turned out, had been carried from the pitch that December afternoon with internal injuries, two broken legs, a broken pelvis and a broken arm, after being tended to by two surgeons who happened to be at the match. He was on the operating table within the hour and given 177 units of blood as doctors grappled with complex surgery; he would be on a ventilator for a further three weeks. When he finally regained consciousness in the new year he had to decide whether or not surgeons should amputate his left leg above the knee, which was in a bad state after he “left my patella [kneecap] on the top of the stands”. He took the awful decision to amputate.

How the Birmingham Evening Mail reported on Aston Villa's win over Arsenal in December 1998 TREATMENT AND VILLA PARK RETURN I guess that it is the over riding message that we’re all saying to our serving and past service colleagues, and there are many of them out there, who have had serious injuries.

LIFE SINCE THE ACCIDENT

I’m in a four man team in a fleet of boats. It’s imminent, it starts on Tuesday and it’s live on BBC Breakfast. Our particular crew are all serving or ex-serving members of the British Armed Forces like myself who have all lost a limb. We’re an all amputee four. It’s 17 years since my injuries. I don’t dwell on it. The guys that I’m involved with in this particular event have had far more traumatised incidents than me. If I’m allowed to compare, mine was a scratch compared to theirs. It was a bad day at the office, I’ve always said that. After his accident in 1998, he married Sarah, the nurse who was caring for him at the rehabilitation centre at Headley Court in Epsom, Surrey, and the couple now have 14-year-old twins Harry and Oliver, who plan to be at the finish line to greet him in February time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment