276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Abbey Road: The Inside Story of the World’s Most Famous Recording Studio (with a foreword by Paul McCartney)

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, Abbey Road: The Inside Story of the World's Most Famous Recording Studios, was different. Whilst it took me nearly a month to get through anyway - mainly because I don't get the time to devote to my reading - it was not because I did not want to read it, but because I was always busy with something else. Forgotten the title or the author of a book? Our BookSleuth is specially designed for you. Visit BookSleuth The LP and its memorable cover put the location on the map - previously known as plain old EMI studios, the building became known as Abbey Road Studios in light of this landmark album. Millions of people have made the pilgrimage to the crossing to have their photo taken and to pay their respects to the genius of the Fab Four and dozens of artists have parodied the sleeve, from The Simpsons to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. One thing that spoiled this book for me … The documentary on Disney+ named “If these walls could talk” is basically a documentary adaptation of this book .. in the sense of its the same stories and musical milestones. I did learn some extras from this book (as apposed to the doc) but nothing special. On 18 June, the Government announced legislation changes to allow householders to deposit ‘DIY’ waste at Household Reuse & Recycling Centres for free. We are waiting for the Government to provide detail on exactly how and when the legislation will change. In the meantime, we will continue current charging policies for DIY waste disposal, and we appreciate your support in adhering to our existing policies

Hardcover. Condition: Good. First edition. Light wear to boards. Content is clean and bright. Good complete DJ with some edge wear. Of course, I especially liked reading about The Beatles and how they recorded at the studios, and as I read, I found myself yearning to visit the studios. I have been across the zebra crossing outside, of course, but have never been inside. Occasionally, the studio runs tours - I MUST go to one of these.David Hepworth has been writing, broadcasting and speaking about music and media since the seventies. He was involved in the launch and editing of magazines such as Smash Hits, Q, Mojo and The Word, among many others.

Many people will recognise the famous zebra crossing. Some visitors may have graffitied their name on its hallowed outer walls. Others might even have managed to penetrate the iron gates. But what here draws in these thousands of fans, year after year? What is it that really happens behind the doors of the most celebrated recording studio in the world? Top Album – Semanal (del 27 de septiembre al 3 de octubre de 2019)" (in Spanish). Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Archived from the original on 21 October 2019 . Retrieved 2 October 2019. The Beatles Revisit Abbey Road with Special Anniversary Releases". thebeatles.com. Apple Corps. 8 August 2019. Archived from the original on 8 August 2019 . Retrieved 8 August 2019. Current/valid photo ID from a recognized agency (i.e. Passport, UK Photo Card Driving Licence, UK Government ID card or similar); andMany people will recognise the famous zebra crossing. Some visitors may have graffitied their name on its hallowed outer walls. Others might even have managed to penetrate the iron gates. But what draws in these thousands of fans here, year after year? What is it that really happens behind the doors of the most celebrated recording studio in the world? Booker T and The MGs do their own version of the photo for their cover version of the Abbey Road album, McLemore Avenue in 1970. At some points though, the book grew tedious. I don't have a huge interest in which exact machine was used for what sound in what year on whatever record. A little bit is, of course, welcome, but Hepworth took it overboard a lot, seemingly showing off his knowledge - or researching skills.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment