276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Penhaligon's Trade Routes Halfeti Eau De Parfum, 100 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Carrément Belle: 555, Alfred Kafé, Alõ, Enkor, ïōdé, Ippi Patchouli, Ippi Patchouli Clair, Label Rose, Musc, Musc Originel, So, Vanille Blenheim Bouquet is a another Penhaligon’s mens fragrance steeped in the houses history. This Eau de Toilette was created 120 years ago by Water Penhaligon for the 9th Duke of Marlborough. Lewis felt it was a summery fragrance but didn’t love this one either as he found it the citrus too overpowering. Babylon eau de parfum is another unisex fragrance from Penhaligon’s Trade Routes collection. I had a feeling this would be too masculine, spicy and woody for me and it was. It’s a warm, wintery scent that you may like it you like perfumes that are heavy on the spice and wood.

As you'll see, the 'DNA' notes are actually slightly different depending on the flanker - the only constant amongst all three in the top notes is the cardamom, whilst the middle notes of Halfeti cedar differ completely to the original. All have a cedar base, but outside of that, it's a free for all! Halfeti Cedar is unconcerned with trying to keep up with the original, however! As the saffron fades, the rum note begins to combine with the cedar, dark fruits and immortelle (I won't even bother trying to work out what the 'mineral notes' are adding) and...holy hell. What we have here is that rarest of perfume scents, the Christmas pudding. If you love booze and dried fruits, this is a perfume you need to try, because it's really nailing the accord for me. It's the booziest darn thing I've smelt. Someone said it’s reminiscent of Coco Mademoiselle in their review which I hadn’t noticed until they said it. Now they’ve said it, I can see where they’re coming from. I’d said to the store I liked that Coco and Chanel No. 5 but didn’t want to wear Chanel any more as they’re not cruelty-free.This is quite peppery, strong and obviously has juniper berry. I personally think it’s more on the masculine side than feminine and quite a strong fragrance. A little Juniper Sling goes a long way to spritz lightly! It’s on my miss list and not one I’ll try again. Constantinople unisex scent started sweet and floral as the Orris (a type of Iris) stood out the most. However, it became musky and almost had a dated smell as it developed. For me the muskiness made this too unisex and overpowering for me.

Halfeti Cedar Eau de Parfum was very citrusy to start with. The cedar develops the longer it’s on your skin and balances out. However, we liked it the least out of all of Penhaligon’s Halfeti perfumes. I found it too masculine and wouldn’t consider it a unisex but a men’s perfume.After this point, all three perfumes settle in for the long haul and are supported by their strongest base notes. In Halfeti's case this is a combination of the oud, cedar and leather. I haven't mentioned the oud note up until this point, and my reason for this is fairly simple - I just don't think it's hugely prominent in comparison to other oud fragrances I've smelt. It's almost a supporting note to the other two, and seems to act more as a continuation of the green accord. It's certainly not medicinal or dirty. As time passes it seems to get sweetened up by the vanilla. I love Halfeti from Penhaligon’s, but it can be a little heady and heavy for me because it is definitely the kind of fragrance that can say hello to a room full of people before you do! Penhaligon’s Halfeti Hair Perfume And the great thing about the hair fragrance is that you get a little waft of it every time you move your hair, and the breeze blows on it, which just makes you feel very elegant and company-ready! Also, it contains super-fine Argan oil which is amazing for the condition of your hair. It’s a win-win!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment