276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Promise Me

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Bovendien zijn het heel voorstelbare personages; van sprankelende Lou, via Ed Sheeran-Sammy, mopperkont Edgar met zijn kleine hartje (hij deed me denken aan een oudere versie van mr. All of the characters in Promise Me felt so real, you can actually envisage them as people in the world around you. I love a story which features a cantankerous character and eighty-year-old Edgar was the perfect complement to Lou’s sweet demeanour.

Jill has always been one of my favourite authors and I personally think Promise Me is her best book to date! De schrijfstijl van Mansell is prettig en toegankelijk, waardoor het een erg gemakkelijk te lezen boek is. The characters are all so well developed and they are not all perfect either they each have their flaws, may that be with our grumpy old Edgar who many find rude or the lovable Lou who although hardworking and caring only took Edgar up on his offer for her own gain but she was not the only one. Jill Mansell has done it again, "Promise Me" was another brilliant and heart - warming story with so many curveballs in the second half that I couldn't stop reading, and well, I didn't stop until I've finished it, deep into the night. Deze zijn realistisch en geloofwaardig en als professional in het vakgebied kan ik zeggen dat dat vaak anders is.Lou is a good person at heart and is determined that she will make Edgar begin to enjoy life, and slowly, she does begin to make changes, although Edgar is still rude, still grumpy and still hard to please.

Jill Mansell heeft weer een succesformule op het papier weten te vangen die het begin van de lente inluidt.En ondanks de voorspelbaarheid van het genre, weet Jill je in dit verhaal toch weer te verrassen met wat leuke en spannende twists in het verhaal. In dit nieuwste boek van Jill Mansell maken we kennis met Lou, maar zoals altijd in de verhalen van Jill, ook met andere interessante personages. Each of them has their own story to tell, and there is so much to it, but they come together so well. Well not quite true, I’ve always borrowed Elizabeth Gilbert’s logic in her book Eat, Pray, Love…who stated, that having children is rather like having a tattoo on your face…you need to be damn sure about it!

It was the special relationship that develops between Edgar and Lou that made this book such an enjoyable read. When I read the details about Promise Me, I felt and still do an instant connection to the protagonist, the lovely Lou, whose life experiences although fictional, were uncannily similar like my own, in some respects. It just went to show, you never knew when one seemingly insignificant action might cause another that was capable of changing your life. Hierdoor blijft het verhaal afwisselend, wordt het geen moment saai en worden de verschillende perspectieven mooi met elkaar verbonden, al had ik over enkele elementen en achtergronden graag nog uitgebreider willen lezen. This really was a captivating read that held my attention the whole way through and there were predictable and unpredictable parts in equal measure which just made the book such a joy to read.However, needs must and when he makes an offer that she can’t refuse, she decides to give it a go and becomes Edgar’s live-in carer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment