276°
Posted 20 hours ago

16 Amp 240v Site Trailing Plug & Socket 230v 16a 3 Pin PCE 240 Volt Blue Hook Up 1X 3001655 1X 3001678

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But while it's simple to achieve once you know exactly how to wire a plug, it's not so easy for someone without any previous knowledge. You seriously don't want to be getting it wrong, as electricity can be extremely dangerous. The author will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information or if you try any circuit in wrong format. So please! Be careful because it’s all about electricity and electricity is too dangerous. You will also see a fuse holder – ensure that you have the correct fuse fitted for the appliance that you are using. The majority of standard plugs will come fitted with a 13A fuse. Always, use the right size cable and wire, proper size outlets and switch and suitable size of circuit breakers. You may also use the Wire and Cable size calculator to find the right gauge size. Good to know: BS-1363 Plug aka UK plug is the safest plug in the world due to the following reasons.

How to Wire a UK 3-Pin Plug? Wiring a BS1363 Plug How to Wire a UK 3-Pin Plug? Wiring a BS1363 Plug

Jonathan is a professional electrician who has worked within the electrical contracting industry for 26 years, focusing on commercial fire alarm systems Can I use a plug without a top pin? Once you have cut your insulation twist the cable cores together, this will give you a neat and easy to terminate the cable. Remove about half an inch (10mm) of the insulation from the inner cores for all three wires i.e. brown, blue and green/with yellow stripe by using snips, knife or wire stripper. All this process should be carefully done without damaging the wire strands or conductors. Read carefully all the cautions and instructions and follow them strictly while doing this tutorial or any other work in practical related to electrical works.Typically a plug will come with a 13A or 3A fuse. The fuse in a plug is a safety device and is there to prevent an overload of electricity. If the circuit becomes overloaded the fuse will blow and cut off the current flow of electricity. The device will stop working and the fuse will need to be replaced before the device will start working again. As a general guideline, appliances below 700W include TVs, power drills, jigsaws, lamps and fridges. Appliances above 700W include circular saws, belt sanders, washing machines and kettles. Firstly they are 16A and are designed to be protected as such in the fixed wiring. Secondly the pins should be marked up - either colour coded or letters embossed in the plastic moulding by the pins (sometimes just the Line and Earth) The earth is the biggest diameter pin. Hi, I’m Liam, the founder of Engineer Fix. Drawing from my extensive experience in electrical and mechanical engineering, I established this platform to provide students, engineers, and curious individuals with an authoritative online resource that simplifies complex engineering concepts.

Plug (3 Wire and 2 Wire): Step By Step Guide How To Wire A UK Plug (3 Wire and 2 Wire): Step By Step Guide

Get the copper wire of the neutral (blue) wire, and gently twist between thumb and fingers to make sure there are no loose copper strands. Repeat for the live (brown) and earth (yellow and green) wires. 3. Wire up your plug First, start by removing the screw that holds the plug together. This will allow you access to the terminations and the fuse holder within the plug. A UK plug is also known as British Plug, Type G Plug or BS1363 Standard Plug by IEC = International Electrotechnical Commission) is a three pin plug used to power up electrical appliances and devices. There are multiple types of three pin plugs e.g. Type A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L etc, but the G type 3-pin plug is most common in United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malta, Malaysia, Ireland, Cyprus, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, KSA, UAE, Israel, and other countries following fully or partial of IEC regulations. Now, shorten the Live and Neutral (Brown & Blue) wires in appropriate length which suitably fit in the Live and Neutral screw terminals. I know how to wire a normal plug and can follow instructions. If i make sure th earth is correct can I assume the live and neutral can go in either thinner pin hole?Now, loosen the screws on the cable grip (strain relief) to easily connect the phase, neutral and earth wire to the related screw terminals. This is connected to a fuse on the live pin. The electric current uses the live wire as its route in. It is important to know how to wire a 3 pin plug correctly. 3 pin plugs are designed so that mains electricity can be supplied to electrical appliances safely. It is a good practice to tightly twist all the wire strands and double them over before inserting in the screw terminals. This because it will avoid spreading the wire strands to other terminals as well as the screws are perfectly tightened in case of light gauge flex.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment