276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tile Doctor Pro-Clean - Professional Tile and Grout Cleaner - 1 litre

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You have to be careful when doing this sort of work as many modern kitchen floors are installed with an electric heating matt which is easily destroyed when lifting a tile. In this case there was no matt under the tile but to my surprise the was another tile so it was clear that the tiler had simply tiled over an existing tiled floor. I hear this is a popular thing to do as a tiled floor usually makes a good base. Rinse thoroughly with clean water. NanoTech can be used as a power booster, with Tile Doctor Pro-Clean according to directions. Apply chosen product to surface, add NanoTech and agitate mixture. Continue to follow directions on the chosen product making sure a clean water rinse is the final step to remove any remaining residue. Clean the floor using Tile Doctor Pro-Clean Heavy Duty Tile and Grout Cleaner which ishighly effective against Wax Sealers, Grease, Grime and general dirt build up. Alternatively for external areas or a matt finish use Tile Doctor Ultra Seal sealer using a paintpad applicator and tray. Slate tiles may require up to 2 or 3 coats, always allow to dry before applying the next coat. On these tiles, we used a 50:50 combination of Tile Doctor Pro-Clean mixed with Tile Doctor Remove and Go. This combination of products works very well to break down old sealers and also to clean the general soil away from the tile. As usual it was left to soak into the tiles for ten minutes before using a heavy duty scrubbing machine to scrub the floor clean. This achieved a good result and the soil and products were then flushed away using our special flushing tool which fires a jet of water onto the tile whilst vacuuming at the same time (no mess!) to an external tank. Sealing Victorian Tiles

If the grout is in need of attention then clean the grout at this point using Tile Doctor Duo Clean which is a very effective grout cleaning product as well as treating mould. Make sure to thoroughly rinse the tiles after using Duo Clean to remove any trace of chemicals otherwise it may impact the sealer when it is applied. If you have applied a burnishing pad system it makes it much easier to keep these tiles clean by using a No. 4 Green burnishing pad on the stone every two to three months depending on wear. This process will improve surface tension (which is not to be confused with the amount of sealer residing in the stone), thereby tightening the pores in the stone to improve the overall appearance and finish of the floor. On the customers return home they were thrilled to see the new finish was exactly what they wanted and have now set up an annual maintenance plan with me to keep the sealer topped up and floor looking the way they like it.

Wipe up residue with a clean, absorbent white cotton towel or sponge. A wet-dry vacuum can be used.

I began the restoration by cutting out all the damaged and broken tiles which would need to be replaced, there were approximately 75 tiles that needed removing. After this I hand cut each coloured shaped tile by templating the originals and dry fitted before installing with adhesive. Further Reading: For many more examples and photographs of of Travertine cleaning and sealing activities carried out by UK Tile Doctors please visit http://Travertine.tilecleaning.co.uk Recommend Travertine Cleaning Products Tile Doctor Remove and Go is very effective at removing impregnating sealers and can be applied undiluted and used in the same way as Pro-Clean. It's worth noting that Pro-Clean is better with the removal of topical sealers however if you are unable to determine which sealer has been used previously then you may need to utilise both products.The customer was thrilled with the much-improved appearance of the Marble tiles and is very reassured that they will now stay in great condition for a long time. Another satisfied client! PS… For aftercare of an acid sensitive and sealed patio like this one you need to be careful what you clean it with. In this case I recommend Tile Doctor Neutral Cleaner which has a neutral pH that won’t damage the stone or the sealer. Many of the cleaning products you will find in supermarkets etc. are simply too strong and will weaken the sealer over time. Sealers will break down after 2-3 years (depending on usage and cleaning products used) so for regular cleaning use a sealer friendly cleaning product such as Neutral Tile Cleaner which has been especially formulated for the regular cleaning of Sealed Stone and Tile surfaces keeping them fresh with a pleasant lemon scent. Efflorescence

For aftercare cleaning of polished stone floors, we recommend using Tile Doctor Stone Soap, it’s compatible with sealers and helps maintain the patina on the stone. This process helped loosen the dirt and allowed the removal of deep-seated dirt and grime that had built up over the years. After a rinse with water the soil was extracted, and I moved onto the next stage. The floor was then left fir 24 hours to allow the floor to dry and then sealed by applying two coats of Tile Doctor Colour Grow. This is an impregnating sealer which will repel liquid and soil going forward making it easier to maintain. As you can see from the pictures, the restoration has restored the lustre and colour of the Terracotta and the grout looks much cleaner; the very happy customer can be assured that maintaining the condition of the Terracotta will be much easier in the future.Moisture readings taken from the floor indicated it was dry enough to seal so I set about applying a base coat of a colour enhancing sealer called Tile Doctor Colour Grow. There was 36m2 of tiling through the hallway section and into the more heavily used entrance way so it took some time to apply. One that was dry I then applied a topcoat of Tile Doctor X-Tra seal to add further protection. Slate is a popular choice for tiled kitchen floors and when properly maintained looks fantastic, however like all natural stone products without an effective cleaning plan dirt will become ingrained in the stone and will start to lose its appearance.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment