276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cadbury Reindeer Cakes, 4 x 32g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Oven temperature. When you bake cakes, the batter fills with hot air as it cooks which helps set the batter into the sponge texture of a cooked cake. If your oven is too hot then the cupcakes will rise rapidly and then pop, just like a bubble that grows too big. Equally, if your oven is too cold then there won't be enough heat for the reaction to happen as it should. If you leave the cocoa out, you probably won't need the milk in either the frosting or the sponges, and your reindeers will be yellow. The simple buttercream is really forgiving, so should be easy to make in the stand mixer without much danger or over-mixing. You can use the paddle or the balloon whisk attachment, just be sure to put the lid on and start slow so that you don't create an icing sugar cloud! Can I make Reindeer cupcakes with a food processor? This recipe uses plenty of cocoa powder in the sponges and frosting to get a lovely chocolatey taste.

A Mummy Too does not give medical advice. Please consult with your medical professional. How can I tell if butter has gone off? A Mummy Too does not offer medical advice. Please seek help from a medical professional if you need further information or have any concerns. What goes well with Reindeer cupcakes? If you are in a vulnerable or at risk group such as older people, people living with health conditions or someone who is pregnant, then food safety is particularly important. Don’t worry if you can’t get hold of any piping kit. Even frosting the cupcakes with a spoon will look great! What are Smarties and where can I buy them?To ensure your cupcakes cook properly, you shouldn’t open the oven door until you can see through the glass that they have a dome shape on top and look dry or set all the way across. When you're nearing the end of the baking time and you think they're cooked, do a skewer test, pushing it into the centre of a cupcake to see if it comes out clean. If it has batter on it, return the cakes to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the skewer comes out clean.

For the sponge, use the paddle attachment to cream the butter and sugar together and then to beat in the milk and eggs. Make sure to scrape down the sides between each addition so that everything is evenly incorporated. Once you've added the flour and cocoa powder, it's important not to overwork the batter, so either fold it in by hand with a spatula or just use small bursts with the mixer on a slow speed to only just combine everything.. Smarties are a chocolate disc covered in a coloured sugar shell made by Nestlé. They were invented in the 1800s by Rowntrees and have been a popular chocolate in the UK ever since. They rebranded from ‘chocolate beans’ in 1937 and have been sold as Smarties ever since. tablespoon of crushed chia seeds or flax seeds mixed with 2 tablespoons of water and left for 10 minutes in the fridge. Chia seeds are a super absorbent seed that can soak up to 12 times their weight in water. When they absorb water they develop a texture like raw egg whites and begin to act as a binding agent in a similar way to eggs. Flax seeds behave in the same way, though you’ll need to crush them first as their shells are too hard to absorb water unbroken. Each of these egg alternatives will substitute 1 egg, so you’ll need to multiply as needed for any given recipe. This recipe calls for 3 eggs, so you would need to multiply the amount of egg replacer by 3 i.e. 3 tablespoons of chia seeds or 9 tablespoons of aquafaba etc. What really makes these reindeer cupcakes special is their decoration, where a simple arrangement of chocolate, pretzels and candy eyes comes together to make perfect reindeer faces!I haven't tested this recipe with gluten-free flour yet, but I always recommend using a good quality blend. The best gluten-free flours will usually be made from a blend of different flours such as rice flour, and oat flour, raising agents and a binding agent such as xanthan gum. If you tried to make the frosting with melted butter, it won't come together in the same way and may seem liquid or split. Again, just chill the mixture until the butter has set then try whisking it again. How can I add/change the flavours in these Reindeer cupcakes? Start whisking them together, starting slowly at first and then building speed once the icing sugar is incorporated.It will take several minutes of whisking to get a light and smooth frosting. If you want to make your Reindeer cupcakes even more festive, you could add orange zest to the cake batter for a chocolate orange flavour. You could also experiment with adding seasonal spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to sponges or buttercream. You could even serve them with a tart fruit sauce to cut through the sweetness. A cranberry sauce sweetened with clementine could be nice as a festive accompaniment.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment