276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Please

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Then we also have a sketches and were ideas came from part, I loved that this was added, it just gives more insight in the story and how it came together. I mean what do you care if she’s been sitting in the hospital cafeteria for weeks working on her thesis? Without spoiling it, though I think it’s been a teaser for the book, the reason behind this oops pregnancy is hilarious. Nope - just a case of Christmas overwhelm. Two days later she was asking for it over and over and bringing it to bed with her.

In addition to that dilemma, Bitty has to help the new players get acclimated, deal with the departure of more of his friends, and when he goes into his senior year, prepare for life after Samwell. What's that going to look like? What is he going to do?So what's it all about? A day of adventure between two kids and their puppy, where every part ends in a plea of "please, puppy, please!" Cordelia thinks it's hilarious. It's super silly and shows all the fun (and trouble) that a puppy can bring. It also frames some of the responsibilities of taking care of a puppy (like giving it a bath after it rolls in the mud) in an exciting way. Plus, Kadir Nelson's illustrations are super adorable. I also love that this book is #ownvoices for both author and illustrator. I'm so glad this is on our bookshelf permanently (and it was in the first round to get returned after I cleared the shelves.) I seriously jump for joy whenever Amy Daws announces a new book release because I just know I’m going to love it.

The bestselling and much-loved children's poetry classic, Please Mrs Butler by Allan Ahlberg is celebrating its 30th anniversary! With a fresh new look for a brand new generation of school children to take to its heart, every teacher, parent and child should have a copy.

Book over the phone

Of course it came along with some signature Daws banter and OMG laugh out loud moments which I’ve come to expect from her books but it also delivered some really poignant prose to make me fall in love with these characters. Bitty bakes so much and it is adorable. I love how he wins everyone over with pies and jam. He also has to deal with coming out to his parents, which while they don't say anything incredibly homophobic, they do take a bit to adjust to it. However, Bitty's mama, good lord. The amount of times she tells him "we still love you, you can come home no matter what" absolutely broke my heart. This is the kind of parental love and acceptance we need more of. Plus, her relationship with Bitty is just wonderful. I love how much they tell each they love the other and how they both can express emotions with each other. Also, the jam feud was too funny. I do hope that the artist will also make books/pdf's of the other years, as this is just the first year of Bitty's college/university time.

Which do you like better: enemies to lovers stories or surprise pregnancies? Let me know in the comments below! Book Lists With This Book: Thank you to FirstSecond and Raincoast Books for sending me a copy of this in exchange for my honest review

Check, Please! Book 1: # Hockey

Amy Daws delivers again with this fantastic enemies to lovers romance that hit all the sweet spots!

She is one of my favorite authors for so many reasons and One Moment Please did not disappoint (especially since I’m not a huge fan of the surprise pregnancy trope!).

Retailers:

One Moment Please released at just the right time when I needed to escape into a book that made me laugh while also making me feel and gave me the sweetest happily ever after.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment