276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mine To Hold (Southern Weddings Book 2)

£6.08£12.16Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I loved Trace & Skye's story in the first two installments, but there was just something about Noah that intrigued me when he was first introduced. And he did not let me down. Hands down this was the best of the three books. Weston (Ace) had thought he loved his girlfriend, Sheila. But being in such close proximity to his friend Shelby, the woman he's always had such strong friendly feelings for, he's starting to see that perhaps Sheila wasn't the one, but instead his best friend was. Their chemistry is smokin' hot and they can't keep their hands off each other. But is she willing to go all in so soon after her last relationship imploded? Or is this just a vacation fling to her? Natasha Madison has returned with a brand-new installment in her Southern Wedding series. This time around we get Shelby’s story, sister of the hero from Mine to Have. In Mine to Hold, Madison delivers to her readers a delightful and sizzling friend to lover's romance. Writing flows, never dragging but it is a simple book with a simple narration. It didn't make me feel much. Also, nothing much happens in it.

The wedding scene at the beginning of the book was terrific. It really was very good. Actually, the book can be read for that scene alone. I even made my husband read that part and he also didn't see it coming 🤗👍 This is my first book by this author. I haven't read the first book in this series but I was able to understand what was going on for the most part. I loved the premise of this story: Shelby is a bride-to-be and on the night before her wedding she discovers that her fiancé, Joseph, has been cheating on her…with her best friend’s girlfriend! After Shelby epically confronts Joseph, she decides she’s still going on her paid for magical, beachside villa honeymoon. She asks her best friend, Ace, who is now newly single due to his girlfriend cheating, if he’d like to accompany her on the honeymoon. Things heat up once they get to their destination and they begin to believe that maybe they were always meant to be more than just friends! Noah York and Claire Kramer do feature in the previous books, but Mine To Hold is their story, and theirs alone. We found out a little of Claire's past in Mine To Keep, and Noah has been a part of Trace's world for a while so featured in both Mine To Take & Keep.

Customer reviews

Claire lost her parents during a horrific murder by her boyfriend. His is currently in prison, but her life is not safe... His father is a powerful ex-senator and he wants her to suffer... She changes jobs, cities, and she is on the run from her past... After losing her sister Sara she finds herself on the run again...She asks for Noah to help her... Emma never told her best friend about her long-time crush on Colt, or about the summer when that crash had developed into a secret relationship. Now a local business owner, Emma is once again swept away by those feelings even though she fights it because she knows he is leaving again. Soon. It’s great that this story is told from dual points of view because it enables us to understand what each of the main characters is thinking about, worrying about, and hoping for throughout the story. When Colt and Emma give in to their mutual attraction, every bit of the steamy passion from when they were teenagers is still there, and now it’s incredibly intensified. But the problem remains that she loves their small town, and he still loves his big life. One of my favorite things about Cynthia Eden's book is that she not only gives you dual POVs, but she also give you a peak inside the villain's head. It really spikes up the suspense of the story.

I just found myself a new Romantic Suspense author that I will be devouring her books! This was such a great read.

Jon Moretti started off as Montagna family consigliere but after his bosses demise he was appointed the kingpin of the Montagna mafia family. When he discovers the theft of not only diamonds but other important items he is determined to find the person responsible. What he never expected was it to be a woman. He has strict rules on not killing women and children so instead he punishes her in front of his men to set an example by stripping, spanking, humilation and sex to gain information. What happened next would change both of them forever. Someone else is just as consumed by Claire—someone who will kill to possess her. And if Noah can’t stop the hunter in the darkness, he may just lose the one woman that he can’t live without. I will protect you with my life. If anyone touches you, glances at you the wrong way or threatens your life, I will kill them. I make this vow to you, little girl.” ~Jon I can't gush enough about this series, I have highlighted so much of the book, I could post quotes for an hour. I want more, I hope Drake gets his own book and happy ending too.

But . . .” she starts to say and then swallows, and I know whatever she’s thinking, she’s embarrassed by it. If you like second chance romances, you will enjoy MINE TO HOLD. Colt has to return to his hometown for his little sister’s wedding on the heels of being left at the altar just six months ago. Fourteen years ago, Colt couldn’t get out of the small town in Ohio fast enough, but there was this girl he neve She was staring into his eyes when he came, and Claire actually saw his gaze go blind with pleasure.

I love this book! Funny, sexy and beautifully romantic with fantastic characters, this best-friends-to-lovers romance had me laughing and fanning myself as two friends find passion and love when they least expect it. I love, love, love, love this series. It's perfect length to fit in between longer reads, it's hot as sin, the alpha's are fiercely protective and possessive, (my favorite), there's danger lurking behind all corners, and mostly you suspect everyone before the end. I'll say I had the killer pegged in this one, but I did second guess it once, okay maybe twice. I really like how the author crafted this story and brought all the elements, I described above, together. That’s not easy to do. I give huge props to another fantastic book in this series!!! I highly recommend the entire series. Noah is sexy, powerful, and so freaking intense. He’s also dangerous. His desire for Claire is unwavering and his need to protect her fierce. He is a total alpha, even going so far as to make certain decisions that in real life would have gotten him slapped in the face, but in “book life” makes me want to swoon. Trace (from book one and two of this series) was a hard act to follow but I actually ended up liking Noah more. Way more. It's time to contribute to his baby sister's wedding. Especially, since their parents aren't there, to do it for themselves. The skies are the limit. But, in lies the problem. Reece, Colt’s best friend, is also Scott’s big brother. And well, let's just say, Colt and Reeve, don't like to lose.

Let the games begin...let the stalking, the chasing, the mind games, the mystery, the murders, the doubt begin. Noah has to fight for his control as he vows to keep Claire safe. With the help from the ever sexy Trace Weston and mysterious Drake Archer, he sets out to find Claire's nemesis.

Reviews

Jon knew as soon as he saw Mila on the video footage she was his. His to keep, his to protect, his to punish and his to please. Mila has never had anyone who cared about her, who wanted to protect her. Mila felt an instant connection with Jon. Confusion clouds her mind as her body reacts to the punishment and embarrassment in ways she never thought was possible. Another great recommendation! A new romantic suspense author (for me) that will have me hooked on her books!! There were a few good aspects and surprises that developed between Shelby and Ace but I wished there was more. I wanted more of their history as friends and this underlying attraction. It just seemed like it was instant and almost by default. There was plenty of spice that people would enjoy but I just felt so disconnected with the characters that it was hard to enjoy that. I had a hard time understanding the writing. It seemed to have lots of unnecessary parts and filler scenes especially leading up to the wedding and during the "honeymoon" trip. As always, I'm always impressed by Cynthia Eden. I'm now (already) hoping against all hope that Drake gets his own story. I fell quite in love with him during this book. He actually gave Claire some hard truths and tender moments that I felt Noah didn't, and he really endeared himself to me. He obviously has a protective streak, and I'm ready to see him fall.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment