276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Sunrise Sisterhood: The perfect uplifting and joyful book to escape with this summer 2023

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Clare, Jenny’s daughter is a single mother to baby Ivy. She is determined to do it all on her own, including being a headteacher and certainly not accepting help from anyone. But Clare misses her mum, and spending time with Liz in the summer holidays, is going to be what she needs the most. Lots of warm summer vibes - creating the perfect ingredients for a fab summer read - get ready to dive in this summer. Skye is okay, she is a normal 20’s girl figuring out her life. She is the only character that I think was written well.

Overall, this novel could have been improved, I love this author’s novels usually however this novel annoyed me with its inaccuracies and unrealistic ness of common sense. The author has better books out there which I strongly encourage exploring. Very strong female characters and it's nice that the story is told at times from all three of their points of view. Salcombe is where it’s at this summer. Where secrets are revealed and all three women find their own way through to live their best lives. I loved it! This book was so many things - it was heartwarming, comforting, full of wisdom, emotional, romantic, funny, joyful, inspiring…I could go on and on! From the moment I started reading this book, I knew I was going to fall in love with these three women and I absolutely did! They weren’t perfect and they definitely each had their flaws, but don’t we all? Liz, Skye and Clare so accurately represented real women facing real everyday problems.Liz is Godmother to her best friend's daughters, and now, since her friend has passed away, she is feeling estranged from them and hoping to rekindle a familiar friendship. Skye and Clare are step sisters who have not always had the best kind of relationship, but these three ladies are thrown together over a summer in Salcombe, hoping to understand each other and build bridges together again. How can the baby’s father realistically not actually see from looking at the baby that it is his? Obviously it looks like him when he’s saying hey funny thing that baby looks like my dad. Well duh! He would have features and if it looks like your dad it clearly must look like you too then. There is obviously some resemblance on the fathers side so how could he not put two and two together?

Are you ready for a summer of sunrises, sea breezes and secrets? It’s summertime in the glorious Salcombe, and Liz is having both of her goddaughters - Clare and Skye, stay for the summer. The half-sisters have never been close and there’s a lot of resentment between them. But as the summer draws along, they try to resolve their differences and attempt to become the sisters that each of them so desperately needs. Each one of these women is hiding a big secret, and they are going to need each other when the fallout inevitably comes. Can they form a strong sisterhood or will these already fragile relationships fall apart? There were some bumps along the way and some surprises too - but I loved how they bonded and came through for each other in the end. But then Jen’s ex-husband Mike asks a favour. Will she employ Skye, his daughter from his second marriage, for the summer? Liz will do anything for Mike – she has been in love with him for forty years.There were a fair few storylines weaving around each other and these were really lovely to get immersed in.

Headteacher Clare needs some downtime. Independent and refusing help, she’s close to burn out. She’s looking forward to time in Salcombe with Liz and her own baby daughter Ivy. If like me you are starting to dream of summer and you are looking for a truly delightful easy read, then you must read The Sunshine Sisterhood by. It is a story of family, friendship and new beginnings and a thoroughly engaging story that will sweep you up right from the start. This book is full of secrets and jealousies that have threatened to ruin relationships and families. It seems that even the younger of the characters are continuing in that vain. By bringing all these women together with their emotional baggage, something has to come to a head during this particular summer in Salcombe. Cathy has this amazing ability to write beautiful multigenerational stories. She's as perfect at depicting someone in their 20s as she is someone in their 60s. There's real love and skill and passion here. With the half-sisters never having been close and all three of them harbouring their own secrets, will the summer run smoothly or end in chaos?

Summary

When her two god-daughters Clare and Skye come to stay for the summer, she hopes that this will be just the thing to help her find the joy in life again. Cathy has managed to take difficult subjects and handle them with such empathy and kindness. This time we've got death and grief, single parenting, relationship difficulties, alcohol dependency, loneliness, deception, identity questions, employment struggles, sexuality, unrequited love, and they're just right. Never too much just for entertainment purposes, but they all have a purpose in the story. The characters were relatable, believable, and instantly likeable. I wanted to be friends with the ladies, sample their supper club creations, and even holiday in that beautiful part of the country. This summer fall in love with Cathy Bramley’s hopeful, heartfelt and irresistible new novel, The Sunrise Sisterhood.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment