276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Universe: The book of the BBC TV series presented by Professor Brian Cox

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are a few tricks and techniques that Beall shares, but ultimately, she advocates for the simple power – and wonder – in looking up. Kellie Gerardi has worked with NASA, tested technology that would be sent to the International Space Station, and helped develop programmes for future space exploration.

He set a high standard for science and engineering plausibility and helped to raise the standards of literary quality of the genre. The author, Nicholas Mee, acts as the reader’s chaperone as we are whisked along, starting with Isaac Newton hunting counterfeiters for the Royal Mint a decade after his breakthrough in gravity, before accelerating to 1915 and Einstein’s seminal work on General Relativity, and then travelling back to Michael Faraday and James Clerk Maxwell’s work on electromagnetism, all in just the first 20 pages! During his career he also held positions at San Diego State University, UCLA, Caltech, and the University of Illinois. I work in cosmology and in cosmology you have something very large scale, but when you start looking at the details of how galaxies form and how they interact it’s very complex, so in the back of my mind I do feel that the universe is an archetypal complex system. Very interesting concept and generally well thought out but I had a really hard time reading it from some reason.Available as the full 27-chapter text or split into Stars and Galaxies and The Solar System, Universe provides all the detail you need to prepare students for engaging with astronomical ideas and theories, while also inviting students to explore through stunning visuals and relatable narratives.

While I was there for the 90th anniversary of this event I ended up reading quite a lot about Eddington, who seemed like a pretty awful character but did quite brilliant things. Taking the growing body of information about other planets, applying the laws of biology, principles of chemistry, and his knowledge of Earth's history, Kershenbaum presents the possibilities for alien creatures with confidence.To me that is sheer brilliance: to get hold of simple concepts and come out with something groundbreaking. We could try floating above Venus in balloon cities, or living in caves inside our very own asteroid.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment