276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Prequelle

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Faith seems to be a song written from the perspective of the Devil watching people die while they are unwilling to turn to him for safety. It also seems to be a thinly veiled message to the former Ghouls of Ghost. Faith Lyrics The white horse at the end is a reference to to The Bible chapter Revelations and the Four Horsemen: There also seems to be an homage of sorts to one of the paintings from the 15th century Hours of Catherine of Cleves manuscript in the Hellmouth depicted below the Pope. I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come and see!” I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. ( Revelation 6:1-2)

fixed two typos, removed speculation on identity of the girls in the Chapter One video, corrected date of Rats filming and added extra info courtesy of Tim Lanning. Edited the description of Meliora, thanks to Vot-Gospod-Satana on Reddit. Added in details on Saint Peter, thanks to Meraxes20 on YouTube reminding me of Sunday School. Chart placings added. The mortician in the video who embalms the three Papas bears a striking resemblance to Babish from the YouTube video series Binging with Babish. At 2:43 in the video, one of the Papa’s feet twitches which is pretty obvious as the foot is in the foreground. This may be intentional though as the body may be experiencing a Cadaveric Spasm, a rare condition that is almost only seen in those who died a violent death. Helvetesfönster translates from Swedish as ‘Hell Window’ and was a style of dress during The Middle Ages which was square cut and revealed a side view of a woman’s breasts. It is the second instrumental on Prequelle.Dies Irae was traditionally used during Requiem masses (funeral services) but during 1969 and 1970 the Vatican revised the standards for masses, eliminating many traditional parts of masses unchanged since the Middle Ages that referenced the negative aspects of Old Testament Christianity such as judgement and fear. Masses from that point on were to emphasise hope, forgiveness and the more positive aspects of Catholicism. The Sibyl referred to in the passage were ten female oracles who directly spoke the word of God. It is safe to say that the 21 months between Popestarand Prequelle were somewhat stressful for Ghost. There are some huge positives like another Grammi win, a tour with Iron Maiden and Square Hammer being played virtually everywhere from radio stations to football games but the negatives are equally big as the band suffers a huge schism in personnel.

The ultimate guide to Prequelle, the fourth album by Swedish band Ghost with no spoilers to ruin the band mythos. Well, that'll depend on tastes: as with the Simmons' bunch, I'm not a devoted fan and own just a couple of their albums. I believe there's plenty of bands out there deserving more attention than Tobias Forge's ghouls.When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come and see!” I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine, and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth. (Revelation 6:7-8) Some of the piano sequences seem to be influenced by Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Jesus Christ Superstar musical, specifically the titular song which is also known as The Song of Judas. For those who aren’t musically inclined, it is easier to hear the similarity at the 3 minute mark when compared to Laibach’s cover of Jesus Christ Superstar as the piano arrangement is louder. Start from around 3:50 onwards. A Miasma is an unpleasant smell with Miasma Theory being the belief that the smell given off by rotting organic matter such as plants or meat could pass on diseases. In the early 1800’s the theory was expanded with the proposition that inhaling the smell of food could make a person fat. The Miasma Theory was abandoned after 1880.

To confuse matters even more, the song Witch Image refers to ‘a pale white horse’ but the pale horse is actually described as being pale Green in translations of The Bible which include that horse’s colour. This release was issued with covers with five different placings of a rider and a horse. It seems the various versions of the cover has been randomly distributed among the different versions of the release. Engineering on the album was by Clif Norrell who has worked with Miley Cyrus, The Rollins Band, REM, Bruce Springsteen and more. As always, Ghost write and arrange their music for vinyl making Miasma the last song on Side A of the record. Miasma is an instrumental and is the first Ghost song to feature a saxophone which is performed live by Papa Nihil. Joe LaPorta mixed Prequelle, he has mixed nearly 800 albums at the time of this writing including albums by David Bowie, Bon Jovi, Alanis Morrisette, Santana, The Foo Fighters, the 2012 re-recording of Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds and many many more.At the September 30th 2017 gig in Gothenburg Papa Emeritus III is dragged from the stage by suit clad men and a previously unseen Papa takes the stage, introducing himself to the crowd in Italian, “I am Papa Emeritus Zero. The party is over and now a new era begins. The Middle Ages begin now.” 1

Revolver Mag Online publishes the first ever English interview with the man behind Ghost using his real name on February 2nd 2018. From this point onwards, he uses his real name in all interviews. 2 Therefore it’s now largely accepted that the first rider is Pestilence, the second is War, the third Famine and the last, Death with their powers to kill by sword (War), famine (Famine), plague and the wild beasts of the earth (Pestilence) with Death overseeing them and reaping the souls for Hell/Hades as none killed by the Horsemen would go to heaven. Chapter Two: The Cardinal is uploaded to YouTube on April 6th 2018. In this video we are introduced to Cardinal Copia as Sister Imperator puts him forward as the new leader of Ghost; a suggestion Papa Nihil objects to as the bloodline has not been broken for “nigh a millennia”. With Papa Nihil out of children and Cardinal Copia being the most senior (plus also holding the second highest number of Employee of the Month Awards), Nihil relents and appoints the Cardinal as Ghost’s new leader with an altered version of the Dies Irae hymn:

Notes

Gold (Limited, total number unknown. A2 poster) available from kingsroadmerch.com, nuclearblast.de, emp.de, impericon.com, hmv.com, flight13.com, saturn.de, mediamarkt.de, hrrshop.de, velvetmusic.nl, napalmrecords.com Prequelle’s artwork was leaked in early April 2018 and once again was produced by Polish artist Zbigniew M. Bielak (not Abiguiem Bielak as Tivo’s Allmusic database credits him) who created the covers and interior artwork for Infestissumam and Meliora. Breaking from previous tradition, the album cover wasn’t a reference to a movie but was seemingly a tribute to the Sepultura album Bestial Devastation. The Ghost version was done in the style of Killing Joke 9 and ironically, for a band that uses a lot of Latin, omits the Latin spoken passage at the end of the song. It’s a Sin Lyrics Papa I is presumably still wearing his paint as the II and III masks were made for Ghost whereas the Papa I mask was a store bought Walter Grey mask by Greyland Film with ‘face paint’ added to it. Therefore Ghost probably weren’t legally able to show the unpainted mask.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment